The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With great excitement I drove my new-to-me '06 Elise home to Charlotte from St. Louis this Friday and enjoyed it all day yesterday. Read the manuals and programmed the radio last night.

Today it won't start. I hit button A and the immobilizer light goes out. I do all the things I've done to start the car the past two days and all I get is a sound like "whump, whump, whump" while the immobilizer light blinks in sequence with the sound. The sound is coming from the engine bay area, but does not sound like a starter "click" (at least not any I've heard in the past). I suspect battery, but electrics are not dim, nor has the rate of whumping decreased in subsequent tries. :shrug:

I appreciate the help -- I've tried the forum but have only found a similar issue. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Any chance you left the interior ligth on and it drained the battery?

My first try would be to charge the battery or jumper cables.

·
Registered
182 Posts
battery -- I got a battery tender to keep the battery topped up after experiencing the first winter in Colorado. No trouble since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sitting in the car with the radio on and the engine not running is not a good thing in these cars... The battery just does not have the reserve capacity, especially if it's a few years old.

-Don

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'm getting a charge out of this

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
This is electrifying.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
I'm positive we'll know the answer soon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
what's the current situation?

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Yeah, watts up?

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Wire we still waiting for an answer?....not that I want to be negative about it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts