The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like being my own boss...trip planned in 10 minutes!...:)...so can people just show up at factory or will they need an appt???...is there a tour you can take?..is there driving experiences on a track and etc?...TIA.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i know there is a tour from Christains post but I guess what I was wondering is this---did he have an "in" at the factory or can anyone just show up and take a tour and drive some cars and talk with people???

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Yeah, definetly Hethel. But next time you're in England you can arrange a tour of the factory and a drive around the track.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
mact3333 said:
i like being my own boss...trip planned in 10 minutes!...:)...so can people just show up at factory or will they need an appt???...is there a tour you can take?..is there driving experiences on a track and etc?...TIA.
FYI the factory is in England:D and yes you need to make an appointment.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crap, looks like i will have to go the meeting now!...:)...i thought someone went to Duluth to USA headquarters and posted about it...so nothing to see at Duluth headquarters??

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
mact,
I was their week before last, it's basically a big warehouse with offices in front, nicely laid out. They've got one yellow elise on display in reception, probably a couple esprits in back, from time to time some elises their, but for the most part, elises won't be coming through there going to dealers, they'll go directly from the two distribution centers. Brunswick GA and San Diego,

Chris

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GV, thanks for the writeup...Im going in Oct. and I was going to check the place out whether there was anything to do or not since Im there anyway...hopefully by then, they will have more goodies to look at and perhaps even a testdrive of an elise?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I live 1 1/2 hours from the lotus usa headquarters and there are no tours. I hear there will be some driving schools at road atlanta so come open your elise up with us during track days.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I saw the thread title and thought someone was looking for a reason to be excited about going to Minnesota. :confused:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So did I! Just got back from a fishing trip in the Boundary Waters up there. Drove through Duluth - some nice homes on the Lake on the Shore drive but it is freakin cold! That is where my folks are from - why anyone chooses to live there I have no idea...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts