The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This means my car is built!!! Its expected in Charleston 12/25.

By the way, mine end in 1547, that should tell you where they are with shipments.

·
Registered
468 Posts
congrats

Joecooool,

Great news - I would like to know how you like the touring and sports pack combo. I am getting the same. BRG and biscuit tho.

Great Xmas present - Florida should be great for driving then (at least your not in Chicago).

have fun

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Congrats man, I got mine last week. When is your car at port date? Maybe our cars would be on the same truck? Stop in St. Louis first and then head up to you?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Joecooool said:
This means my car is built!!! Its expected in Charleston 12/25.

By the way, mine end in 1547, that should tell you where they are with shipments.
When was your build date? Mine was the 2nd or 3rd week of November.

My dealer doesn't have any updates from Lotus.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!! Just got my VIN number!!!

Johnny B said:
When was your build date? Mine was the 2nd or 3rd week of November.

My dealer doesn't have any updates from Lotus.
I don't know. Your dealer will be getting an update tomorrow from Lotus with info on the cars built in November.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Interesting. VIN 516 left Hetel on 9/20. 80 days later, 1547 is about to leave or has left.

That's 1031 cars built in about 10 weeks.

·
Registered
739 Posts
... and where the f*ck did they all go??? Not my dealer that's sure as sh*t and not the West Coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOA, FVMC, HRM? Beats the crap out of me. Seems like they're all sailing around the world somewhere... or stuck in LCU's warehouse gathering dust while they all go out toasting themselves and having a jolly nice Christmas party.

:huh:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I recently found out from AndyKeck that the fed cars and 111R's VIN's merged after unit #600- hence the dramatic VIN increase.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
_JD_ said:
I recently found out from AndyKeck that the fed cars and 111R's VIN's merged after unit #600- hence the dramatic VIN increase.
That would make sense, mine is 1239, date at port around 12/4

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Based on the latest info from a series of posts, it sounds like we have about 800 cars that have been delivered in the US, with maybe another 300 in transit or at the port or on trucks to dealers.

As I understand, Lotus is now building approximately 150 cars each week (600 per month), with 75 per week/300 per month coming to the US. This sounds about right as there are dealers receiving bunches of new cars each week. (75 cars for US per week divided by 22 dealers, albeit very unevenly). Seeing a lot of the "XYZ dealer just received three more...' posts.

While not a flood, it seems the flow of cars has vastly improved over the past few months.

Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
_JD_ said:
Hot damn- just got my xxxx1513 VIN due in 12/25. What a relief.:up:
My VIN:

xxxx1462 due in 12/25 in Charleston

The Sealand Integrity is going to have quite a few Elises!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ChrisStarrUSA said:
(75 cars for US per week divided by 22 dealers, albeit very unevenly). Seeing a lot of the "XYZ dealer just received three more...' posts.
I thought there were 39 dealers?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I'm smelling a price increase coming (only a hunch) first of the year- hope this load gets off the boat and invoiced before 1/1.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Babak,

Thanks - you're right - 39 is the latest number. I thought it was in the low 20's. Regardless, the point is the same - 75 cars per week divided by 39 dealers is an avearge of about 2 cars per dealer per week. Or 8 per month on average. of course, some are allocated 12 per month and some are 3 per month...

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts