The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Sector111/Katana supercharger installed this weekend. All I can say is wow........wow........wow.

Many thanks to the folks at Sector111 and CharlieX for their fine work. This kit is top notch.

If you are on the fence about this kit in any way......just do it...you won't regret it.

I spent about 8 hours yesterday and 4-5 hours today with a buddy putting the kit in. No real special tools needed. Just follow the directions. The one thing that gave me fits was the charcoal canister relocation. I never could figure out how to get that back in with the bracket, so I just tie-wrapped it in the wheel well.....

This thing just screams now......I'll post more after I come back from another drive......right now!

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Congrats Paul!

You'll never look back! Of course you're now hooked and will continue to need more and more and more power!:evil:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good to hear! I just picked up my kit and plan on throwing it in this week sometime.
Congrats!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I want my car back!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL......well, from what I understand that black little German number you drive around is no slouch, my friend.

Although, I will tell you, that this little plastic toaster is like a whole different car now. The rev range is so much more usable, and man....the powah!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
i'm not altogther sure but i think my s's charcoal canister is tie wrapped to the frame

glad you got it installed and running :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you remove the rear clam or is it posible to do it with the clam on?
No clam removal necessary.....just get it off the ground, remove the rear wheels and the wheel well liners (6 screws each), and voila! Just put the car on the lowest possible jack stand height. Everything you need to access is from underneath, through the wheel well or on top. There are a couple items that are a little tight to get to, but nothing needing extraordinary tools. Just ratchets, sockets, a universal, and some open/closed end and ratcheting wrenches.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm not altogther sure but i think my s's charcoal canister is tie wrapped to the frame

glad you got it installed and running :)
Man, I fought with that stupid thing for an hour. No matter which way I turned it, I couldn't get it and the bracket to fit. The two lines that attach are a royal pain as well. Finally, I said "F" it, and tie wrapped it to the support brace and was done with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, so my impressions after another driving session:

Let me say that this car now gives new meaning to "absurd", "ridiculous", and what ever other adjective you can think of. On the on ramp in first gear, going about 10mph, I decided to floor it. First of all, the back end gave a little wiggle as the tires were fighting for traction. The whole rev range is now usable as boost is there right away. 2nd cam kicks in at a lower rpm and you are at 8400 rpm before you can even blink, watch the road and tach at the same time, and put it into 2nd, and the tach is still on it's way to redline just as quickly. It is an assault on all your senses as you are propelled forward.... it is pushing you back in your seat, the scenery is a blur, and the defeaning howl of the engine, blower and exhaust right behind your head. You are in 3rd gear passing 80 before you even know it.

The other amazing thing is that it is totally street drivable. Keep you foot out of it, and it just putters around town like any other car. But, smash the loud pedal, and watch out, you'd better clear the area in front of you.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Let me say that this car now gives new meaning to "absurd", "ridiculous", and what ever other adjective you can think of. On the on ramp in first gear, going about 10mph, I decided to floor it. First of all, the back end gave a little wiggle as the tires were fighting for traction. The whole rev range is now usable as boost is there right away. 2nd cam kicks in at a lower rpm and you are at 8400 rpm before you can even blink, watch the road and tach at the same time, and put it into 2nd, and the tach is still on it's way to redline just as quickly. It is an assault on all your senses as you are propelled forward.... it is pushing you back in your seat, the scenery is a blur, and the defeaning howl of the engine, blower and exhaust right behind your head. You are in 3rd gear passing 80 before you even know it.
:drool:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Okay, so my impressions after another driving session:

The other amazing thing is that it is totally street drivable. Keep you foot out of it, and it just putters around town like any other car. But, smash the loud pedal, and watch out, you'd better clear the area in front of you.
Is this post/ Charlie's tune or have you not done that yet?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Congrats! I'm terribly envious. :clap:
Remember: with great power comes great responsibility...

imperial-forge-katana-folded9.jpg

(Nice TT)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats! I'm terribly envious. :clap:
Remember: with great power comes great responsibility...

View attachment 86294

(Nice TT)
Thanks!....I do miss my TT from time to time.....that thing was a pretty well set up car.

Quit being envious and join the club!!

Here's a couple more of my little TT.....

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts