The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where I can buy a Work Shop Manual for my Elise? I have one for the Elan that was given to me a long time ago when the local dealership in Knoxville went under. It is invaluable to me. Prefer a 2005 but will take whats available.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be extremely helpful. After talking with Lotus of Greenville, I don't think that a paper version even exists. (darn computers)! It ain't like the old days....:D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Described best here:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1369693-post318.html

However it seems LCU either isn't good at maintaining the site, or they just don't want to make everything available for $25 anymore or something.

It seems to be somewhat hit or miss in terms of what is exactly available for download from one day to the next.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Described best here:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1369693-post318.html

However it seems LCU either isn't good at maintaining the site, or they just don't want to make everything available for $25 anymore or something.

It seems to be somewhat hit or miss in terms of what is exactly available for download from one day to the next.
I'm really pissed, I spent the 25 dollars and was only able to download one PDF that was only a few pages long. The rest of the stuff was just dead links. What a complete waste of money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The time of day seems to make a difference. I was able to download them at 7pm but the next morning at 6am the most of files wouldn't download. After work on the same day I was able to download them at 5pm.

Vince

·
Registered
119 Posts
Printed manual

That would be extremely helpful. After talking with Lotus of Greenville, I don't think that a paper version even exists. (darn computers)! It ain't like the old days....:D
A printed 4 ring binder Elise / Exige manual is available.
$195.00+shipping for anyone thats interested we order these direct from the factory.

·
Registered
119 Posts
the only pdf avail is thru Lotus's website which apparantly gives some people a hard time. Printed version is nice although you need a separate manual for the toyota engine.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I picked up the printed version and the CD version off ebay. The CD version is constantly listed there. The printed version is hit or miss. I am not the sort who turns a wrench without a(n) (often wrong, or with a longer procedure) manual. It is my security blanket.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yesterday, I received a PDF manual from an ebay seller. Not as described, to say the least. So, I sharpened up my Google-Fu skills, y0, and came up with a few linky-linky's that ya'll might be interested in.

Manuals (2001 MY, basically what the ebay seller sold me, and not that useful for my 2006)
Lotus Elise Complete S2 Service Manual pdf free ebook download from abendanio.dyndns.org (paydirt)
http://www.beddysblog.com/lotusmanuals/Elise Exige S2 most recent files/S2 Elise Exige Service Parts.pdf (Parts manual)

There's more out there, but I think that should get you going if you need them. Or google up 'lotus elise service notes pdf' and avoid the pay site scammers/youtube advertisers.

It's out there at a few other places, but that 2nd one worked for me.

·
ky13
560 Posts
Yesterday, I received a PDF manual from an ebay seller. Not as described, to say the least. So, I sharpened up my Google-Fu skills, y0, and came up with a few linky-linky's that ya'll might be interested in.

Manuals (2001 MY, basically what the ebay seller sold me, and not that useful for my 2006)
Lotus Elise Complete S2 Service Manual pdf free ebook download from abendanio.dyndns.org (paydirt)
http://www.beddysblog.com/lotusmanuals/Elise Exige S2 most recent files/S2 Elise Exige Service Parts.pdf (Parts manual)

There's more out there, but I think that should get you going if you need them. Or google up 'lotus elise service notes pdf' and avoid the pay site scammers/youtube advertisers.

It's out there at a few other places, but that 2nd one worked for me.
Thanks for the links! What issue(s) did you have with the eBay pdf?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good links if a little old (parts particularly) doesn't cover the 1.6L like the ebay one in my post.
I used the Iguide ebay seller and it was as advertised. Name and shame the seller you used.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The one I got off of ebay was exactly as described including all updates for later versions of the Elise, Exige and 211. But I went with the more expensive of the two Ebay options. In it's listing it did not mention the parts manual but I emailed the seller and he included it as well. I then had both PDFs printed off at Fedex Office for ~100. The 2ZZ manual is available all over the internet. Printing that was maybe $30.

The ONLY reason I went the ebay route is a couple weeks ago I paid lotus USA for access to their site and almost nothing worked. I emailed them and asked them to send the PDFs or refund my money and they didn't even bother replying to my email.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I read of the issues with the Lotus USA site. I didn't come across this thread with the ebay linky until after I already bought one from jjcollection2012. It was listed as "Lotus Elise 2001-2009 OEM factory service repair workship shop fsm manual CD." It was the 2001 document only covering the Rover motor cars. The Canadian seller has not responded to my email as of yet. I think somebody's gonna get some negative feedback if'n I don't hear from them in the next day. I would really rather they at least try to make good by at least offering me another manual that I might be able to use. Oh well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bump... guys, could help me get hold of the service manual in the electronic form, or at least steer me towards the right ebay source? Thanks!

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
@unclemat - Go to the Lotus Vehicle Information Service. Enter your VIN and they'll pull up the most current, updated documents for your vehicle.

You'll need to create an account for free, then subscribe to gain unlimited access to documents during the subscription period. I subscribed for one day at £26.00. I check their site every year or two to get the latest documents for my vehicle.

Glen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts