The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone knows if Lotus offers a protection cover for the rear clam for times when you are working on the car/engine. Similar to the usual fender covers we see used by mechanics/workshops but something tailored specifically for the Elise/Exige clams.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The NSX one works pretty well! The shop here in Orlando (Fourniers Automotive) uses one on my car when it's in for service...

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Lotus does have them. The service departments of the dealerships are supposed to use them when they work on your car, although my local dealership has never purchased them and hence doesn't use them. There is one for the front and one for the back.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Go here: Lotus Cars USA | Accessories , select your car, then select Storage and Protection. You will see the front cover (P/N LOTAC05222), the universal sill protectors (P/N LOTAC05338), and rear cover (Elise P/N LOTAC05237; Exige P/N LOTAC05339).

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Go here: Lotus Cars USA | Accessories , select your car, then select Storage and Protection. You will see the front cover (P/N LOTAC05222), the universal sill protectors (P/N LOTAC05338), and rear cover (Elise P/N LOTAC05237; Exige P/N LOTAC05339).
Sill cover -- on order, THANKS :up: -- seems to be the perfect universal-use protector for me.

Edit: Special Order: 171.60 Not showing available :(

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i bought lotus' rear clam cover, and i almost chocked when they told me it was $400.00. i guess that is a small price to pay to keep the cars in good shape.

T.J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts