The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
What's the shame? That they made a rally car out of an Exige S1 and they are actually racing it? I hardly see the shame in that.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
That. Was. Awesome!!! :up::up: I fist pumped as the Exige won, which prompted, "Good stuff?" from my office mate. :D

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Hey guys, I bought this awesome used Exige at a great price. Can anyone recommend a shop for me to repair the frame?

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
Hey guys, I bought this awesome used Exige at a great price. Can anyone recommend a shop for me to repair the frame?
That is so funny! Great post.

Plus, I finally got to see a fwd car doing a donut.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
looked like a lot of fun!!!

great vid!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I doubt any of those were frame benders, but there is a lot of fiberglass damage to be repaired.

It would seem to be better to find a car with a body you can bang back together, but I suppose if you don't mind repairing fiberglass, the Elise/Exige would make a nice option.

Of course if you do have a serious crash, you're totalled. But then again it would be interesting to see how many times a frame can be bent before it finally splits.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Awesome race! :clap: One of the most exciting Exige involved race that I've seen since a lonnng time.

I liked the idea of racing on a mix track surface [ gravel, bumpy, tarmac,..].:up: Great drivers in there!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
It's a shame it took that long for him to get first lol
Are you kidding? It was like watching a corner back trying to get around a guard.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ahhhh.... Rallycross.....

It used to be on the BBC every Saturday afternoon.
The idea was to reproduce the conditions from Rally Special Stages on a circuit - hence the mix of loose surface and tarmac. The format used to be four cars at a time - setting off in a line.

I seem to remember a Lotus Europa competing with the the bodywork completely flocked (no - I'm not talking about the condition - it was covered in a "velvet" finish - the process was known as "flocking").

Every race was like the one in this thread - close racing and lots of contact.
A local company used to prepare some fearsome beasts - Minis originally but they came up with some four wheel drive Capris (a bit like a Mustang). They were incredibly fast but were handicapped and had to start ten seconds after everyone else....

Great days - great racing.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Wonderful racing! And true sportsmen, to boot. A very nice congratulations from the Volvo driver. Clean, tight and exciting. I'm guessing Dave the Exige driver and his crew have some mad fiberglass skills. :bow:

Thanks for the vid!

Tom

1 - 20 of 46 Posts