The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive got pending title issues with my car, and If it doesnt go my way I will have to goto court to stick the bank with the car and the loan.

My car, already had a FF275 turbo kit (Older one with unichip) If I give the car up, I plan on removing the turbo, as it adds no retail value to the car and the bank doesnt know about it anyways.

If I get another Elise, I would go supercharger, the turbo would require an EFI and a ton of tuning to smooth out the power band to what Id like it to be.

Do you guys think 5k is a reasonable price for a turbo with 3500 miles on it?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Ok, ive got pending title issues with my car, and If it doesnt go my way I will have to goto court to stick the bank with the car and the loan.

My car, already had a FF275 turbo kit (Older one with unichip) If I give the car up, I plan on removing the turbo, as it adds no retail value to the car and the bank doesnt know about it anyways.
bank doesnt know about it anyways............
so posting what you are doing on the internet doesnt exactly keep it a secret.
werent you bitching about all this bad karma in your business dealings with cars?

here is a tip,
dont make public what you are doing here, basically you are stealing this item off the car, and selling it back to the bank afterwards in "as purchased condition".

I am not judging you on what you are doing with the SC(stealing it), but to post this stuff on the internet shows either complete stupidity, or just poor judgement.
sort of like the guy pissing on the ferrari, and then posting about it on the internet..................

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
$5K for just the turbo? Way too high. $5K for everything that came with the FF kit? Reasonable if cleaned, verified for kit content, and packaged up nicely with original instructions.

xtn

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at all, the car will auction this damn car and the TURBO KIT WILL NOT EFFECT HOW MUCH THEY GET FOR IT!

Im not ripping anyone off here my bank screwed up by not following paperwork order and now ive payed insurance and several payments on a car I may NEVER OWN THE TITLE TO.

This means I NOW have to PAY AN ATTORNEY to FIGHT THEM TO TAKE THE CAR BECAUSE I CAN NOT TITLE IT.

deleted personal attack

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$5K for just the turbo? Way too high. $5K for everything that came with the FF kit? Reasonable if cleaned, verified for kit content, and packaged up nicely with original instructions.

xtn

Would be everything on the car currently. I could probably get instructions from FF and package it with it.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Not at all, the car will auction this damn car and the TURBO KIT WILL NOT EFFECT HOW MUCH THEY GET FOR IT!

Im not ripping anyone off here, my bank screwed up by not following paperwork order and now ive payed insurance and several payments on a car I may NEVER OWN THE TITLE TO.

This means I NOW have to PAY AN ATTORNEY to FIGHT THEM TO TAKE THE CAR BECAUSE I CAN NOT TITLE IT.
That REALLY sucks hope you do get the title tho

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Would be everything on the car currently. I could probably get instructions from FF and package it with it.
If you could remove everything as described I would think it might fetch $5K. I assume you would have to restore the car to stock driving condition in the process? So you'd have to spend some of that money unless you bought it with all the stock parts.

xtn

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only stock pieces I should need is intake piping and headers. If I remove the unichip the Lotus ECU will relearn its self right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts