The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would prefer to trailer my Elise to the track and I am looking at trailers in my area. Anyone have any recommendations?

Was looking at this one in particular TopHat Tilt Deck Car Hauler Trailer 83"x18'x7K (TCH) LN197297 | Brechbill Trailer Sales

Any recommendations, suggestions or useful feedback would be great!

Id rather just drive it there but i know all to well about things that can happen at the track that do now allow you to drive the vehicle back home.

·
Administrator
2,072 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
2,072 Posts
I was looking into shipping and it is about 800 to me and up charge at dealer is $1000+ Ga and IN are the two manufacturing meccas near us with dozens of manufacturers. You may want to look at some of the manufacturers especially is you are adding any options. The amount of options available is dizzying and I spent hours configing different set ups depending on how much I'm willing to spend. Good luck with your selection!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, so they charge you an additional 1800 to have it shipped? Or your options and shipping including 1800? I would honestly only want floor tie down option for $450. Im going to try and find local but I may have to end up renting a truck and picking one up, not sure of what exactly I want to do right now, but for sure want enclosed now since they are more or less the same price.

·
Administrator
2,072 Posts
No shipping direct from factory was 800 but if you go thru dealer same trailers are 1000+ more on the lot. I thought you might be interested in the enclosed especially with Va weather. I'm thinking lots of options or barebones. I'll make up my mind when my single axle sells. Insulated and with AC it's another conditioned air storage option for me. At 12K it's almost a RV and trailer but at my age I'm more inclined to stay in motel. Use google and search the hell out of the net you may find something you like closer and even with mark up close to factory +shipping.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have been using a Futura single axle to tow my track only Elise and highly recommend it if in your budget.
Storage was a concern when I looked at options and I wanted something small, light and that I can store in an enclosed garage.
I actually store the Lotus on top of trailer in the garage, whole setup takes less room than a big SUV (although a bit wider)
Solar powered, electric winch (perfect to load / unload the car alone), light (880 pounds) so I can tow with pretty much anything.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I have been using a Futura single axle to tow my track only Elise and highly recommend it if in your budget.
Storage was a concern when I looked at options and I wanted something small, light and that I can store in an enclosed garage.
I actually store the Lotus on top of trailer in the garage, whole setup takes less room than a big SUV (although a bit wider)
Solar powered, electric winch (perfect to load / unload the car alone), light (880 pounds) so I can tow with pretty much anything.
Pics would help those interested.

San

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw you at Laguna over the weekend. Nice trailer. What is the dry weight of this trailer? if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for this trailer?
Hi, trailer weight 880 lbs, so fully loaded I’m still under 3000 lbs.
They are great but not cheap, about $10k including tax/fees & optional electric winch & spare wheel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, trailer weight 880 lbs, so fully loaded I’m still under 3000 lbs.
They are great but not cheap, about $10k including tax/fees & optional electric winch & spare wheel
oh thats good. but geez thats too ballin for a trailer. Very nice indeed though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts