The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to order some additional paint. Would one of you CO owners let me know what Lotus have marked as the paint code on the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
B25

A082B6338F is the Lotus part number for the Touch-in-Pencil

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Patricko... do you have a source for all colors?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy Chase said:
Patricko... do you have a source for all colors?
Yes that would be great information to reference here.
Thanks for the quick response ;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The accessory book has what I think is all colors they have offered. Didn't post it with the other stuff but can put it up or get it to you.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Oh... I have that. :)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
From Mike Causer - a long time Lotus "authority":

Chrome Orange - Lotus Paint Code: B25 - DuPont Paint Code: F0262/HE01

Mike's information is usually spot on...

The complete list of Lotus Paint Codes (relatively complete anyway) should be at the web site, but I can't get to it at the moment...

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
LarryB said:
The accessory book has what I think is all colors they have offered. Didn't post it with the other stuff but can put it up or get it to you.
Yup, that is my source:)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
TimMullen said:
From Mike Causer <[email protected]> (a long time Lotus "authority"

Chrome Orange - Lotus Paint Code: B25 - DuPont Paint Code: F0262/HE01

Mike's information is usually spot on...

The complete list of Lotus Paint Codes (relatively complete anyway) should be at the web site, but I can't get to it at the moment...
Mike had a horrific system failure the other day. He has a back-up, but he's not gotten it back up. So, it's likely his website will be off-line for a couple days.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
khamai said:
Mike had a horrific system failure the other day. He has a back-up, but he's not gotten it back up. So, it's likely his website will be off-line for a couple days.
That explains why the site is down. I "dumped" the page that has the paint codes to a local file - that's where the info came from...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Here's a question.

How hard to you think it would be to match CO should the need arrive due to wreck or incident?

Also, in 10 years you think CO will still be available?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
OneFastLotus said:

Also, in 10 years you think CO will still be available?
what do you mean available?

paint gets mixed to achieve color matches. it will always be "available".

There's not some giant supply of pre-mixed chrome orange paint floating out there

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
atyclb said:

Yep. That's what "DuPont Paint Code: F0262/HE01" is supposed to be. It's that magic code that the auto body paint suppliers are supposed to be able to use to create some Chrome Orange paint. I've even hear tell, that some places can mix you up a spray can paint if you can provide the codes. Never tried it, but it's how it's supposed to work...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
atyclb said:

There's not some giant supply of pre-mixed chrome orange paint floating out there
I realize that, however I've had friends with custom colored cars who had trouble getting the paint years down the line. Numbers change, names change, processes change etc

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well, unless you keep the car in a closed dark garage and don't drive it. It won't likely be the same exact color 10 years from now. Paint does age. Ok it is a lot better now than it was, but the elements are harsh. Keep a UV blocking wax/coating and that will help, but it will age. So 10 years from now there will need to be matching anyway, or just do a complete repaint if necessary.

Greg

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I guess Im not explaining myself well. I also realize paint fades in the sun and elements. I'm not talking about matching faded paint. Im talking about doing a total respray a decade down the line and getting comparable paint....paint codes change, names change, etc.

I guess its moot anyway. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As Tim said it is a DuPont paint that Lotus chose. I think it will be around for a long while. I was going to try a bit of spraying as I want to colour match the side grilles. Everyone likes the black/orange but I think silver/orange will look better in my own wierd way :)
I had a good paint store mix up Speed Yellow for my Boxster a couple of years ago (Porsche have 3 different speed yellows :huh:) the match was absolutely perfect. I think a pearlescent metallic may be a different story though :p
BTW Tim, I have bought color matched paint in spray cans. It works pretty well, but the coats are very thin.

·
Registered
687 Posts
If Lotus manages to stick around a while, I doubt a Year One Elise color formulation would disappear. Even if Lotus does leave the U.S. market, these are the days of computers and cheap data storage. DuPont probably could store all of their formulations on a single disc, so there isn't a reason to throw away any data.

If you are really concerned, you can always save the chip you'll get from the inevitable scrape of the front air dam. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts