The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The Bible supports the marriage of a man to any number of women - Solomon had hundreds of wives and he was the wisest of the wise. When people say one man and one woman they're going against The Word."

Don't think that I would put it on the bumper, but maybe keep it around the back window.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Someone needs to read their Bible more closely...
Yes, You! :no:

Not only did Solomon practice polygamy, but also most of the ancient prophets; Abraham, Issac, Jacob, etc.
Where they got into trouble was when it was not sanctioned by the Lord, i.e. in the case of David., who took someone else's wife.

Not only was this widely practiced before Christ, but there are thousands of muslims around the world currently practicing this.

I guess the beef with the FLDS is as much related to child abuse as it is with polygamy? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Doesn't that mean multiple Mothers-In-Law?

·
Registered
425 Posts
"The Bible supports the marriage of a man to any number of women - Solomon had hundreds of wives and he was the wisest of the wise. When people say one man and one woman they're going against The Word."

Don't think that I would put it on the bumper, but maybe keep it around the back window.
I saw a bumper sticker like that when I was driving in Texas but it had the entire bumper covered with woman.

·
Registered
434 Posts

Not that I'm a theologian or anything but I think it's evident from the story of Solomon that having many wives led to his downfall. In fact I'd say that every narrative of a man with multiple wives in the Bible shows that man in a problem with his having multiple wives. Check Abraham (maybe not multiple wives in his case but multiple mothers of his kids), Jacob, David, Solomon.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Call me crazy, but I can only afford ONE !!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,715 Posts
I think I can actually understand the minds of mass murderers and serial killers.

But, what I can't understand is having more than one wife!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Yes, i need a Gulf stream... ... oh wait, need a job first :wallbang:
at 20 mil.....the 200 is one of the cheapest !!

( and yes, I know of some pilots that have a girl in every port --[not me] )

1 - 20 of 72 Posts