The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2005 BR Elise
42 Posts
My last four cars have been convertible/targa. Life is too short to not seize every bit of enjoyment from a car. So a targa Emira would definitely heighten my interest, get me seriously thinking how I would find the funds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have never really cared for convertibles with soft top (don't like the look) or really even the targa (way too noisy for the cars I rode in) so my current is a hardtop Nismo. But when I saw the C8 HTC, that excited me for the openness when needed. Picking it up next month but I never liked the lines of the car, wanted something more sleek. Enter the Emira and have a deposit down. So I will have the C8 for the top down experience and the Emira for a super fun driving experience. If they come out with a HTC then I'll drop the C8 in a heart beat. I just need to figure out how to convince the wife I 'need' to keep my truck, the Nismo, the C8, and the Emira. Thankfully wont have to deal with that until probably summer next year :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have never really cared for convertibles with soft top (don't like the look) or really even the targa (way too noisy for the cars I rode in) so my current is a hardtop Nismo. But when I saw the C8 HTC, that excited me for the openness when needed. Picking it up next month but I never liked the lines of the car, wanted something more sleek. Enter the Emira and have a deposit down. So I will have the C8 for the top down experience and the Emira for a super fun driving experience. If they come out with a HTC then I'll drop the C8 in a heart beat. I just need to figure out how to convince the wife I 'need' to keep my truck, the Nismo, the C8, and the Emira. Thankfully wont have to deal with that until probably summer next year :)
Tell her you're planning on building more storage for things like shoes and purses.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Open top driving is such a dramatic difference compared to the top on.... those that have never experienced It is such a shame.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
No.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
A removable targa would be pretty sweet if they can pull it off. After all the promises of a targa Evora never happening.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
666 Posts
Lotus Corporate called me, asking if I'd be interested in trading my Evora GT for an Emira.

I said no.

But if they offered an open top version of the Emira, that response would change.

Waiting for your call, Corporate....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath for one. Get an Emira while you can before everything is electric or you can only buy the 4 cylinder dct

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I love the idea of a convertible or targa top Emira. Here is Michigan sports car driving is seasonal so I want to make the most of the time I would have with it.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
242 Posts
Nope

21 - 33 of 33 Posts