• Wish I hadn't ordered hardtop

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that many have placed their offical orders, just wondering - how many wish they could change something in their order and if so, what????
I think I will have second thoughts about color and suspension choice until I get my car....

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think I will never be sure about the colors.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Order change

I hope this doesn't cause a flood of requests to change orders, delaying production, but I ordered 1 March with LSS and metallic color as the only options. After getting in and out of the car at the Columbus show, I decided to add the removeable hardtop to my order. My salesman said that was no problem, since they haven't started building the cars yet, but are only 'stockpiling' (I think that's the word he used) orders. I would guess this means they probably 'stockpile' the necessary parts/resources/etc. necessary to build the cars ordered before they commence production. A bit off topic, but I decided on the hardtop even if only to keep the car 'buttoned up' while in the garage or even outside, to keep bird crap and assorted airborne garbage out. And I figured the hardtop would be easier to keep clean than the cloth top. I also don't think it'll be seriously difficult to get in and out with the roof on. More strenuous and slower, but not like you're going to dislocate or pull anything doing it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Laser Blue

I ordered magnetic Blue before Laser Blue was offered as a choice. I asked my dealer if I could change the color - he said no!

Which is nice...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Order change

Less Moore said:
I decided to add the removeable hardtop to my order. My salesman said that was no problem
I suspect some dealers will be more helpful in trying to change an order if it adds to the final selling price...

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I want one in every color.:(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
It's hard to choose a color without having seen all of them. But I doubt if anyone will hate what they selected. So make you choice and live with it.

I don't really see how Lotus can allow lots of changes after taking orders, otherwise it screws up their planning and rather negates the whole point of taking orders in the first place.

Of course if you absolutely need to change colors, just offer your selection to someone lower on the list who hasn't ordered yet and swap positions. The resulting delay in delivery would be a tradeoff for the right to change your mind.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My only regret is that I did not place 2 deposits a year ago. I could be modifying one while still driving the other. Now when it is being worked on I won't have an Elise to Drive.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
394 Posts
After seeing the EXige in orange, I want to change my color to orange from green. I have not called my dealer to ask if I could just yet, but it is something I am thinking about doing.. I would also like to add a hard top if at all possible, but still not really sure!

Adamp

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Adam P said:
After seeing the EXige in orange, I want to change my color to orange from green. I have not called my dealer to ask if I could just yet, but it is something I am thinking about doing.. I would also like to add a hard top if at all possible, but still not really sure!

Adamp
You can get the hard top from the dealer at the time of delivery or later - they paint it instead of the factory, but should be ok.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I would change my color from Magnetic to Storm Ti. Not a big deal though. Wish it would get here soon, though. :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
top paint

I thought if you ordered the top later, the factory would use the paint code of your car to paint it before delivery.
As for adding the hardtop to my order (order change), I haven't gotten an e-mail from my salesman confirming the change, so maybe I spoke too soon! However, I would think since the top is the same for U.S. and Euro versions, they probably have plenty in stock and can easily be added to the initial order. On the other hand, the car itself with specific options that are installed on the car may not be so easily changed.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: top paint

Less Moore said:
I thought if you ordered the top later, the factory would use the paint code of your car to paint it before delivery.
As for adding the hardtop to my order (order change), I haven't gotten an e-mail from my salesman confirming the change, so maybe I spoke too soon! However, I would think since the top is the same for U.S. and Euro versions, they probably have plenty in stock and can easily be added to the initial order. On the other hand, the car itself with specific options that are installed on the car may not be so easily changed.
Actually, the top is sprayed at the same time as the other components of the clam. If you order the top later, you will get it w/o paint.

Atleast that is my understanding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts