The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Would you recommend Lotus?

• Yes

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 69.4%

Would you recommend Lotus?

3K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  pianomaniac 
#1 ·
Taking into consideration today's price increase and past experiences with Lotus, would you recommend them to your friends?

#27 ·
huggy bear said:
72% won't recommend so far. Wow! From what I have been reading, more than likely Lotus can expect most of the listers won't drop but any repeat business seems highly unlikely and these listers won't recommend Lotus to their friends. Way to build brand loyalty. :clap: I for one would recommend Lotus........................................to my enemies!
If you drive the Elise, you recommend Lotus to any and all who see you. The Elise speaks very, very loudly.

BYSTANDER - "Wow ! Thats a nice car."

HB - "Don't buy it! It sucks!"

ELISE - "Look at me !!! I know you want me !!"

BYSTANDER - "That colour is gorgous ! Where do I get one ?"

HB - "You don .."

ELISE - "BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME !!! I'M A LOTUS !! BUY ME !!"

BYESTAND - "Sorry HB, you were saying something ?"

ELISE - ""BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME !!!"

HB's GRIN - "BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT !!!!"

#28 ·
Tidalwave and Huggy get it!

Gormit,

You dont work to improve communication. You improve comminucation. Have you read the press release on the price increase?

Here's an opportunity to improve and it was missed, again.

#29 ·
Unfortunately, in a world of lawyers, communication is something that has to be worked on, and not just done.

Take for example the dealer that came on here a few months back. He point, and information was great. But the way in which he delivered that information was offensive, and poorly planned. If he'd had an HR person look it over first, he would have been in far better standing.

Or take Chris (sorry Chris, you're just a good example :) ); he spoke about the loss of Arnie too soon, and without planning. His emotions took the better of him, and he said things that some would consider hypocritical considering the turn of events. If he'd waited, taken a breath, he could have voiced his disappointment, while maintaining a level of rationality. Though, he did come back and earn my respect after the event when he had time to think a little more.

Lotus needs to do the same as people will not be as forgiving to them as they have been to Chris.

#30 ·
Gormit,

You're absolutely right. But there is a difference between stepping back and ensuring what you say is legal/accurate and stepping back and not saying anything. And that's the issue here. They didn't just decide to increase the MSRP on 8/30. NO, they decided a few weeks ago, maybe a month or more. PLenty of time for HR, Legal, whoever to review and authorize a general communique to the public. Again, I'm resonable. Talk to me about this. BUT DON'T DO THIS BEHIND MY BACK. THAT'S WHAT'S P!SSING US OFF HERE!

#31 ·
Let me offer this point, not as an excuse... but just to try to show why it is the way it is...my speculation.

Lotus UK (Hethel) and Lotus Cars USA (LCU) are two different entities. But LCU has to do what Hetyhel says they are to do. Hethel does not communicate directly with the people in the US. That is the job of LCU (and in their mind... your dealers). But decisions are made by Hethel and have to be carried out by LCU.

So if a decision was debated at Hethel and decided on... and they notifed LCU about it. There would not have been a lot of time. And LCU may be reticent about what they say, other than doing what they were told.

I still personally think a letter to the list would have been a good idea.

P.S. Gormit. :)

#32 · (Edited)
Hmm .. I was under the impression that everyone expected a price increase. In fact, Nick at Symbolic told me to expect a price increase this year, and next. He told me this several months back.

To me it looks like those who are pissed are just being selfish. It sounds like you expected it, but think it should only apply to others, not you, because thats just unfair!

EDIT - Yeh :p Though I expect most want to call me far worse than 'Gormit' :)

#33 ·
I think everyone knew there would be an eventual increase.

And I was always sure that when it hit, it would cause this reaction. If it was as of 1-1-2005...how would you feel if your car was delivered on 1-5-2005? If it was the 2006 model year, the same thing... you could have been waiting for 12 months or more... and your car happens to fall in the build of the 2006 cars. There was always an element of this being unfair no matter what.

However.. IMO... the thing that makes this timing worse, is that orders were specified and it would be a good thing if those that specified cars could make changes to match the change in MSRP.

#34 ·
Yeah, I knew a price increase was coming, but not after I actually placed my order and was unable to modify that order.

That's just bad business to take and order and a deposit and then jack up the price.

If I was not in the first round of cars and my order was not even placed yet, will, then that's fine. I know before my order is final what's going on and can either accept the increase or remove some options.

The bottom line is it's wrong to raise the price of the car for those of us that have had our specs in since March. At that point, it should be a done deal as far as pricing.

#35 ·
tidalwdave said:
Yeah, I knew a price increase was coming, but not after I actually placed my order and was unable to modify that order.

That's just bad business to take and order and a deposit and then jack up the price.

If I was not in the first round of cars and my order was not even placed yet, will, then that's fine. I know before my order is final what's going on and can either accept the increase or remove some options.

The bottom line is it's wrong to raise the price of the car for those of us that have had our specs in since March. At that point, it should be a done deal as far as pricing.
Exactly.

#39 ·
I don't understand the timing of the poll. You are asking people who have nothing to show for the deposit money they invested if they would recommend that someone buy a Lotus. I think the results would be much more telling if you would poll owners/drivers of the Elise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.