• Not Sure

Votes: 6 10.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Yes, I think Lotus would mind, unless you pay them royalties, to which they are entitled. Then they might not mind.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Can make them and not sell them?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Can make them and not sell them?
true....

however, I would be willing to supply the cost of materials and logistics for a shirt or two ;)

....or, you might follow Randy's example.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
A logo is a trademark.

It is treasured by the company and must always be reproduced in a vary specific way with exact dimensions and colors.

You need to ask permission before you copy one or sell one, yeah...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DELETE THREAD PLEASE!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm not so sure. I think "fair use" qualifies as activities that are:

1) Not commercial (i.e. private use)

or

2) Used satirically or in a new, distinct fashion

Making 5 shirts for some friends will likely be ignored. Making several hundred will get you a nasty letter from Lotus' attorneys. Making 5000 probably lands you in court.

/not a lawyer

A logo is a trademark.

It is treasured by the company and must always be reproduced in a vary specific way with exact dimensions and colors.

You need to ask permission before you copy one or sell one, yeah...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Uhm, I told you I wouldn't make those with the Lotus logo, nor would I put it on apparel sold here. Please remove my name from being attached to that design. It was yours not mine.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Cool thanks for the replys, apparently Sweet daddy could do them instead of the Lotus logo but one with an Elise Logo and one with an Exige logo as long as he keep it on the down low
NO, and no. PM sent. You misunderstood our conversation and posted this poll before I even replied back to your other PM asking about the Elise and Exige logos. It's one thing if you want to inquire about ordering one of your design from me or someone else that makes custom shirts. It's another to then announce that I am selling them when that is not the case and I said I would not make them for sale with that design.

I said if you wanted one I could make your design with the track, but not with their logo.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just use text and not the logo.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Does anyone know if the "Lotus" name is trademarked? ...could you make a shirt that just has the word 'Lotus' on it? Like a polo shirt with LOTUS in the corner. I understand the logo ...but what about the word 'Lotus'?

- z

·
Registered
693 Posts
yeahiknowiam wanted to make shirts with the lotus logo on it a while back, and wasn't allowed to.
Details? who didn't allow it?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Call: 1-800-24-LOTUS

They should be able to get you in touch with someone that can approve/deny your request to use the logo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.