Votes: 25 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 75.7%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you trade your Elige for a comparable Evora, meaning similar miles and condition, na or supercharged?

Jason

·
Wow Such Admin
6,935 Posts
I love the Evora. So yes. Not saying I didn't love the Elise, but there is just something about the Evora. Especially when you hear placks Evora with that exhaust :drool:

·
Premium Member
6,991 Posts
Had Elise for 8 years and did a lot of suspension work to it to get consistent 63's at LRP.
My stock Evora with only R888's is knocking out 61's with out half the eye popping at the limits (scares) the Elise gave. In the rain its in another league. I have 1 buddy with a HEAVILY prepped SC'd Exige running 60's with Yoko A005's. With tires he'd be owned!
Don't knock the Evora till you've REALLY driven one. It is a Ferrari without the price tag in the handling dept and an "S" with stick with a 458 (ask the race team that has both!)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Had Elise for 8 years and did a lot of suspension work to it to get consistent 63's at LRP.
My stock Evora with only R888's is knocking out 61's with out half the eye popping at the limits (scares) the Elise gave. In the rain its in another league. I have 1 buddy with a HEAVILY prepped SC'd Exige running 60's with Yoko A005's. With tires he'd be owned!
Don't knock the Evora till you've REALLY driven one. It is a Ferrari without the price tag in the handling dept and an "S" with stick with a 458 (ask the race team that has both!)
This is very interesting. Thank you for the on-track comparisons. I've only done class time comparisons with COM and seen that the Elise hasn't been all that fast on the track compared with cars that I thought would be slower.

I have driven an Evora in an extensive test drive. 20 minute loop on the street and drove with the sales guy, my wife and my older son. I like the car but it is very different from an Elise/Exige. I went home and thought about it. My conclusion was that if I needed the car to be a daily driver, it would absolutely be an Evora. Much more civilized than an Elise but not as much fun. Sort of like comparing a 911 AWD turbo to a shifter kart.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I would not have bought the Elise, if there was no open top configuration, so - no. I need a convertible type of arrangement.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I did. Don't regret it one bit. Anyone who doubts what an Evora can do needs to really put one through its paces..in a lot of ways its performance and potential is better than an Elige.

That being said, I will own another Elise in addition to the Evora when I can. They are different cars, neither is better than the other and anyone who argues that is a fool as it is totally apples to oranges. I love both. I miss the Elise. But I am sure if I swapped back to an Elise, I would miss the Evora.

Rough problem to have isn't it? :)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i'd do that V6 Exige. The roof comes off...right?

·
Registered
406 Posts
My Elise was totalled earlier this year and I replaced it with an Exige s240. I could have bought an Evora, Evora S, 911, GTR, Vantage, etc.. I've also driven the Evora and a good friend of mine owns one. I didn't consider buying an Evora for many reasons, but really it comes down to this. The Elise and Exige are special. They're 2000lb go karts. No power steering, no amenities, barely any interior. For a fun weekend toy they're perfect. The Evora is more car-like. More grown up. The Exige has a permanent spot in my garage, regardless of what other cars I end up buying. The difference between the Exige and Evora for me is eventually i'd like something Italian to park next to my Exige. Had I bought an Evora, it wouldn't be a permanent vehicle in my garage, and eventually I may have replaced it with something Italian. The Exige is much more special and far more fun to drive. If I wanted a daily driver I would consider an Evora but I wanted a weekend toy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I almost echo porcupine above. I have an Elise and hope to move up to an Exige S at some point and also want an Italian(Lambo) to be next to it but I won't get rid of the Elige.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I did, so yes.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I'd take both. I went to the dealer to buy an Elise, but bought the Evora instead. This is my daily driver, so I preferred a little more refinement. It's not only pretty, but it performs very well on the track against Ferraris. The Elise would be nice for a weekend car, & I'm considering adding one to my garage in the not too distant future. However, if Lotus made a convertible Evora...

I also have Plack's exhaust on my Evora, & it's nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am really torn, some days I really wish I had one more seat or another cubic foot of storage.

But I don't like the appearance of the evora nearly as much as the elise/exige.
Convertibleness is also a dealbreaker. I love having a removable top.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am really torn, some days I really wish I had one more seat or another cubic foot of storage.

But I don't like the appearance of the evora nearly as much as the elise/exige.
Convertibleness is also a dealbreaker. I love having a removable top.

+1

The convertible top isn't a huge deal to me... but I agree, I enjoy the look of the Elige way better. Grated, the extra space, and a little more luxury would be nice...

Whatever, maybe I just need to go get a V8 Esprit and own 2 :)

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Different cars for different applications. There are reasons why some of us own Elige's and some own Evora's. In the end we may be asking ourselves Evora or Cayman and Elige or Alfa 4C.

vincesf

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
For my daily driving with some track time needs, the Evora is perfect. I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for the Elige, though I wouldn't knock having both.

--Plack

1 - 20 of 41 Posts