The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of a public toilet in Switzerland that's made entirely out of one-way glass. No one can see you in there, but when you are inside, it looks like you're sitting in a clear glass box. Would you use it?

From outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Kind of looks like Dr. Evil's toilet... :p

I dunno if I'd use it. It comes back to the question, "Can you pee is someone is watching?" Answer: Drunk or had a 44 oz Big Gulp... sure! Any other time... uh, probably not...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Not that it matters, but unless they moved it, it's located outside of London's Tate Britain gallery.

The installation is open for two hours from 1800 GMT each week day, from 1400 to 1800 GMT on Saturdays and 1000 to 1800 GMT on Sundays.

... not that I've been watching or anything. ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I take it there is no light inside, then. That would change everything in a hurry.

I wonder how often they have to get out the Windex and polish the mirror walls.. maybe they clean the public johns there? Here they're all concrete and get pressure washed annually, whether they need it or not.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I agree. I'll bet the designer has some kind of paraphilia

A lot of oddballs will be making nasty use of this setup

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
HELL YEAH! - and then I'd probably piss high up on the wall like most guys do (they DO, don't they..............................?):confused:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Definitely wacky and cool.

In Boca Raton there is an ice cream shop that has a bathroom with the entire front wall in glass. When you go in and turn on the light the glass turns opaque. Really freaky until you figure it out, which was not evident until you flick the ole light switch.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i still would be terrified to use that thing even though i know no one could see me. I hate public restrooms so i would freakout in this thing.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
QUESTION - if you "pressed ham" or bratwurst or whatever you wanted to press on the window on the inside, could they see it on the outside? Just curious

·
Registered
368 Posts
del105 said:
No one goes to the bathroom in those. They are there to have sex in, seriously.
!!!!:clap:!!!BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!:clap:

My first thought was yes I'd use it. they should make one for a shower too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts