The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wonder if the marketing folks are thinking about Elise/Exige owners. Got this catalog in the mail today (never seen it before). The description of the shirt -- which sells for $195, says "Roll sleeve tabs keep your cuffs secure when you wear them up in order to filet a walleye. Or wash the Lotus."

Am I missing something here? WTF:huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I wear a $200 shirt when I run my chainsaw so... sure. It would be very cozy to wear whilst washing the car and it would look smashing.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
No matter how dirty the car, a gentleman must maintain standards.

ed

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I fill the bucket with water, soap, and $100 bills.

I think it was some kind of British reference since it's based on "British Military Design"
I don't think I would wear a $195 shirt. Period. If so, it wouldn't look like that. I do have one ludicrously priced T-shirt from D&G, that says "I'm wearing a fake D&G T-shirt" I just kind of liked the irony in that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It stays dry so sure I'll wear it. I've seen tank tops that retail for 4x as much (with some detailing ofcourse :) ), so a well made, well cut shirt for 195 (that stay dry), its a bargain.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that by any chance the J. Peterman catalog?
No. It is a company called "J.L. Powell" (I didn't even realize that the J. Peterman company was still in business. Their catalogs were at least quite amusing.) This catalog is simply obscene. A pair of matching shorts is $167.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
No -- J. Peterman was a real catalog long before Seinfeld picked it up and ran with it. And the descriptions in the catalog were just as silly and overblown and the show made them out to be.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I really wonder if the marketing folks are thinking about Elise/Exige owners. Got this catalog in the mail today (never seen it before). The description of the shirt -- which sells for $195, says "Roll sleeve tabs keep your cuffs secure when you wear them up in order to filet a walleye. Or wash the Lotus."

Am I missing something here? WTF:huh:
It would be my cheapest shirt so theoretically, yes.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
A winter coat is the only piece of clothing I've ever spent more than $195 for.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I seem to be the only one that has his priorities straight. I wear a $15 shirt whenever I bother washing the car. I put the $180 savings into a pair of Titanium Dave Antisub bars.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I seem to be the only one that has his priorities straight. I wear a $15 shirt whenever I bother washing the car. I put the $180 savings into a pair of Titanium Dave Antisub bars.
You must be one of those rich guys.
:D

I'm usually wearing a plain white three-per-$9-pack shirt when I wash the car. For $9 I get a shirt to wear and two to wipe stuff down with. After a few months, a rotation works itself out as the new ones come in and the old ones go in the rag bin.
;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts