The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wonder if the marketing folks are thinking about Elise/Exige owners. Got this catalog in the mail today (never seen it before). The description of the shirt -- which sells for $195, says "Roll sleeve tabs keep your cuffs secure when you wear them up in order to filet a walleye. Or wash the Lotus."

Am I missing something here? WTF:huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I wear a $200 shirt when I run my chainsaw so... sure. It would be very cozy to wear whilst washing the car and it would look smashing.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I fill the bucket with water, soap, and $100 bills.

I think it was some kind of British reference since it's based on "British Military Design"
I don't think I would wear a $195 shirt. Period. If so, it wouldn't look like that. I do have one ludicrously priced T-shirt from D&G, that says "I'm wearing a fake D&G T-shirt" I just kind of liked the irony in that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It stays dry so sure I'll wear it. I've seen tank tops that retail for 4x as much (with some detailing ofcourse :) ), so a well made, well cut shirt for 195 (that stay dry), its a bargain.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that by any chance the J. Peterman catalog?
No. It is a company called "J.L. Powell" (I didn't even realize that the J. Peterman company was still in business. Their catalogs were at least quite amusing.) This catalog is simply obscene. A pair of matching shorts is $167.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I really wonder if the marketing folks are thinking about Elise/Exige owners. Got this catalog in the mail today (never seen it before). The description of the shirt -- which sells for $195, says "Roll sleeve tabs keep your cuffs secure when you wear them up in order to filet a walleye. Or wash the Lotus."

Am I missing something here? WTF:huh:
It would be my cheapest shirt so theoretically, yes.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
A winter coat is the only piece of clothing I've ever spent more than $195 for.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I seem to be the only one that has his priorities straight. I wear a $15 shirt whenever I bother washing the car. I put the $180 savings into a pair of Titanium Dave Antisub bars.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I seem to be the only one that has his priorities straight. I wear a $15 shirt whenever I bother washing the car. I put the $180 savings into a pair of Titanium Dave Antisub bars.
You must be one of those rich guys.
:D

I'm usually wearing a plain white three-per-$9-pack shirt when I wash the car. For $9 I get a shirt to wear and two to wipe stuff down with. After a few months, a rotation works itself out as the new ones come in and the old ones go in the rag bin.
;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts