The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local hardware store is doing a car show to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, if you don't know about this organization they are a very dedicated group that raises money and then proactively attends to the needs of injured soldiers. What is really great is that this small town hardware store is stepping up to do an event for them. Being the local "car guy" they asked me to help organize it. We have allot of muscle cars in the local area but not very many exotics, the goal is to get as many exotics and classics as we can to draw the largest crowd we can and raise as much money as we can. There will be show trophies awarded and a certificate of appreciation for drivers. There is no entrance fee.

I hope that the Lotus group will step up and have a good showing. It would be a great opportunity for a spring Get Your Lotus Out event. Since I am running the show we can have our own area, or anything else we would like.

CK Home and Hardware presents an Exotic and Classic Car Show benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project

Where; True Value CK Home Hardware
Corner of Rt. 17 and Rt. 28
6398 Village Center Drive
Bealeton VA 22712

When; May 5th

Time; 11:00am - 4:00pm

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Bealeton Car Show - 05/05/12

Scott (SubaruBrat) helped set up a car show down in Bealeton, VA, to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. A few Lotus and Ferrari folks, and lots of locals, showed up.

Mark Franke won 3rd prize in the Exotics category for his Turbo esprit.
Way to go, Mark - and great job, Scott!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was great to see the Lotus contingent represented. Thanks to all the rolled down, we raised over $3,000 for wounded warrior at the event. The judges had a tough job, there were no crap cars there, everything was top shelf. And thanks to Bob for the photos, if you have more post them up. The sweet part was the burnouts from guys as they departed, most notably the period correct 1950's dragster.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Bealeton Car Show, 05/05/12 - Part 2

More pictures from Saturday. I'm just glad I didn't volunteer for the aerial photography gig.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts