The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Wow! 20 Elises Available At Hrm.

3K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  Vangman 
#1 ·
Re: www.huntingridgemotors.com site.
In addition to 6 'Customized' Special
Edition Elises, there are another 14
regular ones for immediate sale. They
sure must have left a lot of cookies out
for Santa last year. He's really taken care
of them this year.

#4 ·
ex-M3 said:
HRM only lists one car for sale immediately. They take pictures and show all the color combinations on their web site for info purposes - these cars are already sold.
As in sold to their listers? I get the impression that they are a decent dealer.

#5 ·
where the hell are they getting all these cars from?

I bet you these are the "west coast cars." While all of us here suffer the rest of the country is laughing at us..."Where's your big allocation now?!" nya nya nya

#6 ·
ex-M3 said:
HRM only lists one car for sale immediately. They take pictures and show all the color combinations on their web site for info purposes - these cars are already sold.
As above...........

I would say all or at least most of these are sold......if you look other places on the forum the OWNERS of these actual cars have posted their own personal pics!!

Great place to check out colors, etc though!

#7 ·
Like others have said. If you look closely there is only one available for sale. The rest are there so you can take a look at the different combinations of exterior and interior colors and option packages.

#11 ·
Slander!!!!

Hey Shay2nak and Ridgemanron!!!!!!

"""""I bet you these are the "west coast cars." While all of us here suffer the rest of the country is laughing at us..."Where's your big allocation now?!" nya nya nya""""""

Be careful what you say. I have never given you a reason to be slanderous!!!! Some of those cars posted are before and after we converted them to HRM Editions. We have 1 car available and that is our demo. For you to say we are getting " WEST COAST CARS" is WAY out of line!!!! I was the number 1 Lotus dealer in the US for the last quarter on Esprits. That was the basis for Elise allocation. I can't help it if the California dealers at the time couldn't sell their Esprits and bought them to retail it here!!! It pisses me off that you can make inaccurate silly comments like that.

We have a large allocation because we earned it. GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT??? I expect an appology posted.........

And Ridgemanron...........

''''Re: www.huntingridgemotors.com site.
of them this year."""""

Your comment is uncalled for!!!! Again............BORDER LINE SLANDEROUS!!!!! Perhaps you cold spend your time in a more constructive manner..............

#14 ·
Mark Starr is correct and when reading the HRM Lotus descriptions, they clearly have only one for sale.

Don't worry Mark, you have an excellent reputation on this board.......good enough that if I knew then what I know now, I would have bought an HRM "special edition" from you. Keep up the good work and don't let some people get under your skin.

Cheers, Ron

#16 ·
Re: Slander!!!!

Mark Starr said:
Hey Shay2nak and Ridgemanron!!!!!!

"""""I bet you these are the "west coast cars." While all of us here suffer the rest of the country is laughing at us..."Where's your big allocation now?!" nya nya nya""""""

Be careful what you say. I have never given you a reason to be slanderous!!!! Some of those cars posted are before and after we converted them to HRM Editions. We have 1 car available and that is our demo. For you to say we are getting " WEST COAST CARS" is WAY out of line!!!! I was the number 1 Lotus dealer in the US for the last quarter on Esprits. That was the basis for Elise allocation. I can't help it if the California dealers at the time couldn't sell their Esprits and bought them to retail it here!!! It pisses me off that you can make inaccurate silly comments like that.

We have a large allocation because we earned it. GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT??? I expect an appology posted.........

And Ridgemanron...........

''''Re: www.huntingridgemotors.com site.
of them this year."""""

Your comment is uncalled for!!!! Again............BORDER LINE SLANDEROUS!!!!! Perhaps you cold spend your time in a more constructive manner..............
Dear Mark: A simple 'sold' notice at
your site for cars listed would have
ended any speculation as to
'availability'. Personally, I have no
problem with you selling cars that
come your way, and neither should
anyone else, for as you have stated
in the past, ' no one's 'waiting'
reservation numbers have been
violated'. Ex: If you are #20, the 20th
car with your specs will be offered to
you. Why are you getting bent out of
shape? I never implied that you did
anything wrong and felt that, like Fox
Valley, you were one of the dealers
that English was talking about with
regard to the high end of allocations
when he said, 'high of 140...low of 10'.
In my estimation, and I've stated in
argument on this site, dealers who
don't move people up the list are not
doing anything dishonorable. Valenti
does move people 'up', as they did in
my case, and they 'in my estimation'
should be commended for it.

#17 ·
ivan1 said:
we all know Ridgeman is a Valenti stooge:D
Ivan: Let me see if I have this right. As
a person waiting for a car, you would
prefer HRM's style, of not being moved
up the list when possible, as against
Valenti's moving you up. I believe this
labels you as 'a moron', wouldn't you
agree? In fact, find me one other person
waiting for a car at this site who prefers
not being moved up.......

#18 ·
Hey Ridge,
This isn't the place for personal attacks or conversations. Call me directly if you have any questions or concerns with me or the way I run my business and web site. I'm also not " Bent out of shape ". I can't see with how much time you spend on this site that you actually believed that we had those many cars for sale..............So........My question is..............What was your objective????? I don't think it was done with good intentions or "HEY GUYS, HRM has some neat cars for sale!!! " What are you trying to accomplish or trying to stir up????

#19 ·
Ridge..............Your calling Ivan a moron is a class act. Do you really think that is what this site is about????? Randy, can't you block him or something??? Take a vote........WHO WANTS RIDGE OFF THIS SITE??????? By the way, Who the hell are you to assume that I don't move people up on my list??? WRONG AGAIN !!!!! The cars I keep are the ones that people back out of after ordering them to their exact specifications!!! I even return their deposits. You CONTINUE to make inaccurate statements. Any cancelled order moves EVERYONE that is behind that person, up on my list. Get your facts right............Start your own site with Valenti..........

#20 ·
Mark Starr is correct and when reading the HRM Lotus descriptions, they clearly have only one for sale.
Mark, you have an excellent reputation on this board... Keep up the good work...
Well put. Mark and HRM are a class act. I haven't bought from them but wish I had. Countless Elisetalkers, including myself, have been impressed with their sales team and customer service. Also, they have been tireless supporters of the Club111 community and sponsor track days and other club events. Their team is also the most knowledgeable I've come across in the community.

Sucks that some people have crummy agendas around here. Mark and his team are the kind of people we should be supporting, not badmouthing. If every dealer was as good as HRM, the Elise buying experience would likely have been entirely different for most of us!

Just my $.02.

Chris

#21 · (Edited)
Hey Mark
I meant it as a joke. Sometimes I can be very sarcastic which this was the case. I know you have sold some of the cars on the site (KG HRM pack, CO HRM pack and the LB car for Robert, for example) Sorry if I offended you but I meant it in a playful way. I guess I should have used one of these ":p" I am a person that doesn't make any judgement calls unless I have the full info. I will not talk smack about anything/anyone unless it is founded.

I am quite content in getting my car in April as I am in no rush. The only dealer I care about is mine. Dealers don't influence each other, so you guys aren't taking the food out of my mouth, so to speak.

Anyway, I appreciate your work with the HRM pack which takes these cars to another level and am considering having my rims/diffuser/shifter housing painted by HRM when I finally get my car.

#22 ·
Chris Starr

Thanks Chris. I do appreciate the kind word. Please mention that you are NOT my brother and have no relation. ( Unless you are filthy rich my long lost brother!!! )

#24 ·
Thanks Chris. I do appreciate the kind word. Please mention that you are NOT my brother and have no relation. ( Unless you are filthy rich my long lost brother!!! )
rotfl

Ha! Hadn't thought of that - must be pretty funny for the posters who don't know us! For the record, I hereby certify that I am of no relation to Mark Starr. Regardless of fortune, I am also an only child - sorry Mark!:D

Chris

#25 ·
Randy, can't you block him or something??? Take a vote........WHO WANTS RIDGE OFF THIS SITE???????
My vote will be NO, he contributes to this site and puresports all the time.

He saw your site and didn't know those cars were sold, it's an honest mistake. And yes you get more cars than the rest and you did earn that and you brought racing elises before as well.

I think you both need to go for a beer and talk things over ;)

as far as he calling someone a moron when he gets called a stooge I think it's fair, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe Ivan should join you for beers as well.

#26 ·
Well said Miguel!!!!! Enough. You are right............I'm buying beers!!!! The Holiday Party is this Saturday from4:00PM til 8:00PM..........All are invited..........Even you Ridgemanron...........even you...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.