The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got some nice weather out here and I figured I would take the car out for a quick spin in search of twisties since my girlfriend had to work an extra hour. All I have to say is wow... You can read, read, and read about how great these cars stick to the ground in cornering but until you experience it you are missing out. I drove aroudn for about 45 minutes and after about 20 minutes I was able to find some good roads. I was taking it pretty safe because my tires aren't in the most prestine condition, but when I got on it it was like I was on rails. Taking curves at 65. At one point I was just going with traffic and I guess the driver of the Grand Am was partially psychic as he voluntarily pulled over and let me by. The driver and his young son gave me a wave and a thumbs off and to show my appreciation I let the turbo spool and zoomed thru the curves.

I am sorry if I am rambling and don't make sense but I just got in from the drive and wanted to share my first real experience and let you guys know I got my road cherry popped... now I just need to get to the track.... Did anyone else have a perminant smile on their face after hitting the twisties for the first time?/

RB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lol, I've had a permagrin since they handed me the keys and I drove off the lot. :D

Sometimes at work I am reminded that I own an Elise and I laugh like a buffoon and people think I'm weird. rotfl

Although. . . if the car feels like it's on rails I think maybe you need to have a little more fun with it. :coolnana: :shift:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Man that's exactly why I love this car! :clap:

If you feel like you're driving on rails though, you might wanna go to an autocross one day, really helps you learn the limits of the car and how to react when it starts to slide - not exactly something that's good to learn on the street

Who knows, you may be surprised at how far you can *really* take this thing before you lose grip, I know I was my first time! :coolnana:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I was very surprised today with how great grip was despite my tires needing replacement. Also thats the first time I could see how quick the turbo helps the car pull thru corners. I can't even put it into words. If I wasn't so in love with my girlfriend I would ditch her while she in the shower and go for another hour long drive.

RB

·
Registered
846 Posts
We'll have plenty of twisties tomorrow!
See you then!

·
Registered
332 Posts
All we have here is twisites. The car's limits are legendary, almost mythical. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better handling car in the world.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll have plenty of twisties tomorrow!
See you then!
Was about to post in that thread :) Don't tease me if I pussy foot on the twisties !!! I still have that accident in the back of my head but I wasn't as used to the Lotus and the road conditions that nite were horrid.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
The car's limits are legendary, almost mythical. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better handling car in the world.[/QUOTE]

:tadts:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
We finally got some nice weather out here and I figured I would take the car out for a quick spin in search of twisties since my girlfriend had to work an extra hour. All I have to say is wow... You can read, read, and read about how great these cars stick to the ground in cornering but until you experience it you are missing out. I drove aroudn for about 45 minutes and after about 20 minutes I was able to find some good roads. I was taking it pretty safe because my tires aren't in the most prestine condition, but when I got on it it was like I was on rails. Taking curves at 65. At one point I was just going with traffic and I guess the driver of the Grand Am was partially psychic as he voluntarily pulled over and let me by. The driver and his young son gave me a wave and a thumbs off and to show my appreciation I let the turbo spool and zoomed thru the curves.

I am sorry if I am rambling and don't make sense but I just got in from the drive and wanted to share my first real experience and let you guys know I got my road cherry popped... now I just need to get to the track.... Did anyone else have a perminant smile on their face after hitting the twisties for the first time?/

RB
I finally took my Exige out today in West Marin (near Skywalker Ranch)...it was almost surreal. Hearing the supercharger whine as I accelerated out of turns was intoxicating! I am still taking it gentle with her until I get the after sales service done, but watch out after that!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
We finally got some nice weather out here and I figured I would take the car out for a quick spin in search of twisties since my girlfriend had to work an extra hour. All I have to say is wow...
:up:

Now you know why we are so obsessed with this car!

Last Sunday was my first autox with the Lotus. It won't be my last! :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts