The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I e-mailed my dealer asking for new information a few days ago, and just got a (second) response. When I put down the deposit in October, the salesperson told me that they were around 35 deposits. Now the e-mail from the manager says: "We will be contacting you soon for your final options. You actually are around number 20 and should go in the second group."

So it looks like I might have a new car around June/July! I wasn't even in a big hurry, but considering how impatiently some of you are waiting, I'm not complaining. :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
You and I have the same dealer and he told me the same, you're a few spots ahead of me though, so I'm slipping into the third group by the sking of my teeth. He just ordered a COM Espirit, a color I'm contemplating but it's too far for me to drive for a non Elise COM.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could go and check that Esprit out, I'm only about 20 minutes from the dealer. But a description of the color probably wouldn't help you much. I'm not really considering CO. I think I'll like it when I see one on occasion, but it might be one of those things that get old after a while. I'm still leaning towards yellow, but it would be great to see at least realistic color samples before ordering.

It's not that far from Topeka, I drove there 5 times last year! :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ditto here, good experience with mid-rivers. There is rumor that Aristocrat in KC is thinking about picking up a Lotus dealership but I'd still stick with Mid-Rivers due to my good experience with them.
Conefusion, why do you come to T-town so often? Track time?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm magically attracted to Forbes Field! ;) It was all for autocross events. Five times was kind of a fluke, though. There were two ProSolo's there last year (one moved because Denver got cancelled), one Divisional, ProSolo Finale, and Nationals. This year it looks like only two or three trips to Topeka.

Yes, experience with the dealership has been good so far. I posted about my first impression in the Dealers forum. Part of me is still skeptical because of the reputation of other Behlmann dealerships, but it does look like this one is different.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Lumn8r said:
Don't you have to be careful not to be hit by the Kansas Guard tankers there? A KC-135 is a lot bigger than an Elise. :D
It'll be like a gnat hitting an elephant, I doubt that the landing struts would even feel it! Too bad that in the post 9/11 world I wont be able to drive one and park it next to the front gear for a pic, it'd be funny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts