The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Curious as to why we have a whole forum dedicated to the Noble on an ELISETALK board, thought that was what "other" was for. By the same token we should then also have an s2k an mr2 and a miata board?? Just curious.

They're certainly not viable competitors, one is priced in the 40K range the other in the 60k plus range.
Chris

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Curious as to why we have a whole forum dedicated to the Noble on an ELISETALK board, thought that was what "other" was for. By the same token we should then also have an s2k an mr2 and a miata board?? Just curious.

They're certainly not viable competitors, one is priced in the 40K range the other in the 60k plus range.
Chris
especially because about 5 people in the country actually have one :rolleyes:

hard to believe there is enough interest/information to necessitate an entire forum

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Actually, the is the exact reason. I told Dodgy that for now, until there is enough traffic or interest, we could piggyback on EliseTalk. This is just an interim thing.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
It's funny to see this forum here. There must be more than 5 Nobles out there because 3 of the damn things live within 10 miles of my house.

Ever since I got my car people on my home forum keep posting threads "SPOTTED THE LOTUS" and posting pictures of a blue noble and green noble that run around Louisville apparently on a daily basis.

In fact ironically there's ANOTHER spotted a lotus thread that was just started this morning and once again its the blue noble. It's starting to drive me nuts.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
offroadr35 said:
especially because about 5 people in the country actually have one :rolleyes:
There were 4 forums dedicated (or mostly dedicated) to the S2 Elise (elisetalk, psc, lotuscarsforum, and eliseforum) when there were exactly zero of them in the USA...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
That's true Steve, but they were ALL elise forums. Certainly no way the Noble will ever attain major status, they'll be closer to being a curiosity much like the caterham, ie not many on the ground, as they don't have the production capacity, plus if they start getting too visible the govt. might start looking at the importation of these a bit more closely which certainly don't think 1g wants.

I don't have a problem with it, as I guess Randy figures it'll grow.

Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
zvezdah1 said:

I don't have a problem with it, as I guess Randy figures it'll grow.

Chris
Not sure if I think that. It is possible. If it does not grow, it will remain a curiousity on Elisetalk. :) If it does grow... it will become a stand alone forum, though I would expect it will not get 1/10th the traffic that EliseTalk does.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Well, Im just about hearing about Nobles over on my own forum so maybe I'll put a piece of paper under the wipers of the local cars and tell them to come here. :)

The kids on the forum like them because of the wing. :huh: The bad part is I think they're kind of ugly so I just keep my mouth shut. I think an S1 elise looks alot better. Granted their performance numbers are nice. No offense to anyone here who likes their styling.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks Randy - I really appreciate you doing this.

I love the Elise and I love the Noble. The Elises styling does not compare to the Noble. It (The Elise) is far superior.....

Both are great to drive

I only wish I could have both :)

I dont think we will get much traffic in here but hopefully it will appeal to people who are enthusiastic about cars...

Thanks Again
Stephen

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Thanks from me too, Randy. I think your reasoning is right on :) .
Glad to hear dodgy's car is so close to getting on the road. I likewise got my Elise deposit back, but my Noble is only now in transit from S. Africa, so I don't expect to be driving it until after the first of the year. BTW, mine is US chassis # 70, and the guys at 1g tell me there are about 60 on the road in the US right now. As a side observation on uniqueness, when an M12 Noble showed up at the British Car meet in Palo Alto last month (with a total of about 500 cars in attendance) it drew quite a crowd, which is interesting because it was parked only about 100 feet away from several federal Elises that were also there, but virtually ignored after the Noble appeared. When there are 2-3K Elises in the country, I doubt if they will turn many heads, whereas a Noble will always be a pretty rare sighting.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
JLSELISE said:
Thanks from me too, Randy. I think your reasoning is right on :) .
When there are 2-3K Elises in the country, I doubt if they will turn many heads, whereas a Noble will always be a pretty rare sighting.
I doubt you're correct... My GF's Mini Cooper S turns almost as many heads as my Liz and they produce over 30k Minis a year.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Don't know about Marc--the Noble at the Palo Alto show belongs to Dave Bell, who lives in the Bay Area. He got his car in late August, I think it is the 3rd to be registered in CA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts