The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Terry
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This picture is taken @ McCarran International Airport in Vegas, and i did not take this photo. The person who spotted this mentioned that there's also a black one in a separate cargo :D

One thing that surprised me is that they actually flew them in instead of sea freight.

anyway, i think this is quite cool to share. Can't believe someone here in the US is getting their brand new Exige S delivered! To be honest, i dont think the police will even notice it's a track only car, especially if you are driving this in Las Vegas where weird things are spotted everywhere lol. but anyway congratulation to whoever the owner of this car is :) it's truly the sickest <150K car out there (in my opinion)......:clap:

hope they make this car street legal some day in the future!

·
Registered
406 Posts
1. Buy V6 Exige
2. Buy 2005 Elise
3. Disassemble both cars
4. Attach subframe from Exige to Elise chassis
5. Assemble all other Exige components onto Elise chassis.
6. Register car as 2005 Elise.

See? Easy. Aside from the seemingly endless pit of money this will most likely involve spending to do...

This is pretty much the only car I would trade my Elise for, apart from Aventador/MP4-12C/F458 level vehicles. It is incredibly disappointing to not be able to ever own one for public driving in the USA.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
1. Buy V6 Exige
2. Buy 2005 Elise
3. Disassemble both cars
4. Attach subframe from Exige to Elise chassis
5. Assemble all other Exige components onto Elise chassis.
6. Register car as 2005 Elise.

See? Easy. Aside from the seemingly endless pit of money this will most likely involve spending to do...

This is pretty much the only car I would trade my Elise for, apart from Aventador/MP4-12C/F458 level vehicles. It is incredibly disappointing to not be able to ever own one for public driving in the USA.
You want me to buy a $100K to improve a $30K? -eek- I mean I suck at math but that doesn't add up!! I have a better proposition for U, how about improve the suspension on the Elise do a K20 swap (350HP NA) and get the remaining $90K to buy a used 911, then you have the best of both worlds...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wasn't saying my solution was logical, it's just a solution.... :D

You want me to buy a $100K to improve a $30K? -eek- I mean I suck at math but that doesn't add up!! I have a better proposition for U, how about improve the suspension on the Elise do a K20 swap (350HP NA) and get the remaining $90K to buy a used 911, then you have the best of both worlds...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
you guys are making this too hard... just keep your current elige & swap plates

pssssht, cops wont go the extra mile & check vins at that point :DV:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
A duplicate VIN sticker on the windshield might be nice, should you ever get in an accident (then the officer does look at the VIN).

·
Registered
380 Posts
As a person that lives in Vegas, yes, you probably can get away with driving on the street for a little while. I really wish these cars were street legal though..

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
I'm praying they're here for hot weather testing!! Looks like euro locking gas cap and also added a blind spot thing to the outside mirror?

·
Registered
370 Posts
with $$$$$$$$$, impossible is nothing :)
If someone can have their Exige flown in....

Really, by air? :D This is my lottery dream to take my car with me across the world and drive. As air cargo, of course.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
This car is actually for static display only for the Lotus Cup USA event tomorrow. It does not belong to an actual customer...or at least not yet.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
If someone can have their Exige flown in....

Really, by air? :D This is my lottery dream to take my car with me across the world and drive. As air cargo, of course.
Cars are flown in by air more frequently than you might imagine. That's the way Radicals get "shipped" to Spring Mountain as well.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Either Lotus or Lotus Cup must be doing well enough to drop $20k on air freight from Europe to USA...for display purposes no less.

So why can't we have one here again?? Something about unjustifiable costs?? rotfl

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Either Lotus or Lotus Cup must be doing well enough to drop $20k on air freight from Europe to USA...for display purposes no less.

So why can't we have one here again?? Something about unjustifiable costs?? rotfl
+1 - they'd have been $20k closer to solving the two-stage airbag problem.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts