The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in San Diego, CA and was traveling on business in Seattle today. Just happened to drive by the Lotus dealership in Bellevue and saw a brand new Elise out front. It is property of Lotus and not their demo car so we couldn't take it for a spin. All I can say is WOW!!! The pictures I have seen of the Elise do not do it any justice. It is one heck of a great looking car. It truly is a street legal go-kart. It is small. I mean really small!

The sales reps at the dealership said out of all the exotics they had in the showroom the Elise was the most fun to drive. Just two more years (or more) and my number on the list at Symbolic might be called...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wow!

_JD_ said:
Gotapex,

What kind of time frame have you heard for your Noble? Do you have to supply the motor? Finally will you go with the Ford turbo motor or do you have a choice? TIA
Oct/Nov was the quoted date, since the M400 is relatively new. The GTO-3R should take about 6 weeks less time to get.

The rolling chassis is ordered separately from tranny & engine. You can go with their standard fare (which the company can help you order, install, etc) or you can try to put your own in. I'm going with the standard M400 engine (Ford duratec with forged pistons, ceramic ball bearing T28 turbos, 425hp, 390lb/ft torque, etc).

Who knows with pre-orders though. I'm just trying to keep the sunny side up, while I putt along in my baby-carrying-mobile (VW Touareg).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have gone and seen it twice now. It really does get alot of attention. I have watched people walk past 360's, Vipers, etc to get a look at the Elise. I bet Dave is getting alot more deposits now that they have one on the floor!

On a side note, Dave, have you ever looked into bringing in Nobles?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts