The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise, VF Supercharger
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Ok, don’t laugh but I’ve only had my 06 Elise for 2 months. I’ve never hit the 2nd cam until this afternoon! I’ve never heard such a sound before. It sounded like a million hornets haha. After reading about how the engine temp dictates rev limiter/shift light etc I decided to let it idle while I got the tires to the correct pressure. Hit the highway on-ramp and DAMN!!
The picture is my stepdad who I bought the car off of. He passed away last week. He bought it new at 72 years old and did all the maintenance and upgrades himself. He loved that car. RIP Pops.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You dont see white very often! Looks Nice! And yes, it's all about 2nd cam!

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
414 Posts
Previous owner of my 05 bought the car at 78 and sold it at 81. He's also a fairly well known actor. Was in Top Gun and the Back to the Future movies. When asking him what he likes most about owning the car, he responds "Going over 100 MPH on the back roads of upstate NY". My kinda guy for sure.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Previous owner of my 05 bought the car at 78 and sold it at 81. He's also a fairly well known actor. Was in Top Gun and the Back to the Future movies. When asking him what he likes most about owning the car, he responds "Going over 100 MPH on the back roads of upstate NY". My kinda guy for sure.
"You'll be fly'n a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit from Hong Kong"...
Great to hear he was a go-get'r!

·
Registered
2009 Elise SC
310 Posts
Oh yeah….the car transforms on the performance cam. The Elise isn’t really straight-line “fast” as sports cars go - but at high RPMs the extra kick and the sound in that teeny car makes the whole experience…exhilarating. More so than any of the many other “faster” cars I’ve owned.

And nice color - I think Aspen White is pretty rare. Well done, Pops, for bringing that awesome car into your life.

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
414 Posts
"You'll be fly'n a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit from Hong Kong"...
Great to hear he was a go-get'r!
"Your ego's writing checks your body can't cash"

"...with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter!"

He is definitely a cool guy. When I asked him why he's selling, he told me "He was tired of hearing his wife tell him how hard it was to get in and out of....

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,692 Posts
It is interesting as time passes the things that make us hold onto a vehicle. Nothing as cool as your story, RIP

My car has a slight scratch in a seat from a beloved boy cat that passed away and memories of a old college friend I let drive it on Hamilton Road In San Jose...

I guess I will have to pass as well before this car goes to its next home... Thanks for sharing man. Peacb

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool! I used to work in Washington PA at Fairmont Supply for the late, great Bill Todd II.
Nice! The picture was taken at his Buddys place in Pancake, Grimms machine shop. Pops worked at Washington Steel for 25 years.They lived up off Malone Ridge Rd. Small world!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello G man 60. Thanks for one of the best threads going and your dad gets my heart. I bought my second Elise at 76 and I believe that driving this car on country roads is the best inspiration for life one can find. God bless us all. View attachment 1306647 View attachment 1306647
Hello G man 60. Thanks for one of the best threads going and your dad gets my heart. I bought my second Elise at 76 and I believe that driving this car on country roads is the best inspiration for life one can find. God bless us all. View attachment 1306647 View attachment 1306647
Thank you sir!
Sweet ride! Thank you for the kind words. Glad to see you are living your best life. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts