The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I want..nay I need a blue Exige. Blue is the only option for the car (Exige) I've dreamed of for ohh 12 years..But blue has turned out to be the "blue whale" for me.

My Q then is: Have you wrapped an Exige? Were you happy(ier)? Regrets? Any obvious cons specific to exige?

Thanks!
Matthew
If there is another thread that covers this better I'll gladly close this..

·
Administrator
2,044 Posts
Google wrapping Lotus Exige you'll find plenty to read about and watch on youtube.

Reactions: MatthewM

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
Are you asking about the act of wrapping the car (as in you would tackle the job yourself) or asking about how the wrap turned out after it was completed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
Are you asking about the act of wrapping the car (as in you would tackle the job yourself) or asking about how the wrap turned out after it was completed?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
So you have been a member of the forum for uhh 2 days, and it is already taking to long to find the car you want.

Oh, and it has to be not just an Exige, but an S240

Seriously, and next let us guess at your price range

There were ever 210 or so, ever imported, and how many do you suppose were blue, and still exist, and might be for sale

Patience

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So you have been a member of the forum for uhh 2 days, and it is already taking to long to find the car you want.

Oh, and it has to be not just an Exige, but an S240

Seriously, and next let us guess at your price range

There were ever 210 or so, ever imported, and how many do you suppose were blue, and still exist, and might be for sale

Patience

I probably don't owe a response, but it is this kind of trolling that warrants something. First, I don't recall saying anywhere it had to be an S240; fact: 2008+ was always listed as possible. Second, I also have been seriously looking since Last Aug - And generally paying attn for years. Third I never mentioned price, while I do have a budget as most people do, I'm also not 11 and know what something costs.

I am filled with incredulity and find it unfortunate to encounter this type of response simply because I choose to do things in my own way. It is precisely this type of response why I generally avoid posting to internet/forums. Seriously! What is it that makes anyone online so bent that they feel compelled to jump down someone's throat over a simple Q? Was I bothering someone? Were my questions out of line? All rhetorical..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was looking for 1st hand personal accounts of how it turned out, perhaps the premium paid over normal wrap. I really haven't checked into that as I've held out hope to avoid if possible. I guess now was a good time to find some specifics. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
You posted
I probably don't owe a response, but it is this kind of trolling that warrants something. First, I don't recall saying anywhere it had to be an S240; fact: 2008+ was always listed as possible. Second, I also have been seriously looking since Last Aug - And generally paying attn for years. Third I never mentioned price, while I do have a budget as most people do, I'm also not 11 and know what something costs.

I am filled with incredulity and find it unfortunate to encounter this type of response simply because I choose to do things in my own way. It is precisely this type of response why I generally avoid posting to internet/forums. Seriously! What is it that makes anyone online so bent that they feel compelled to jump down someone's throat over a simple Q? Was I bothering someone? Were my questions out of line? All rhetorical..

08+

there are 240s, 260s, and club racers[which are in fact all blue], and are the only non 240/260 Exige 08+

so, yes you were saying 240

The omission of 07 makes it hard to take you serious. I can understand the omission of 06, although adding the supercharger is pretty straightforward

Do things your own way, is exactly the way a whole bunch of people do it.

Let us be frank, there were maybe, what 50 Blue 08+ Exiges built as a guess?
How many are bound to be for sale in a given year?

If you want to be taken seriously, act seriously.
You think I am a troll, fine, I am trying to get you to think.
People here will try to give earnest and serious answers.

You want a serious answer? The probably one blue 08+ Exige S240/260/SR that will come up this year is going to run you between 60-80k
Any 08 is going to be strong of 50k, and then you have to pay $xxxx to have it wrapped, and hopefully they do a good job and it isn't then worth less than what you paid for it.

Or you could buy an blue Elise tomorrow

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
I am on the same boat...
I have been dreaming of a Laser Blue Exige for years... I had to settle for a red S260
If the right LB Exige was for sale, I would add it to my garage.

·
2006 Exige
727 Posts
I actually know an owner of an '06 Exige local to me who wrapped his silver car in a light blue. It looks fantastic in person and I would highly recommend simply wrapping a car if your heart is set on a particular color.

View attachment 1259804
That looks great. I'll have to keep my eye out for that. Man there are a lot of '06 Exiges in AZ.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Mine is wrapped in graphite matte. It's awesome and I love having the wrap, I literally don't give a sh*t on track or autocross anytime I kiss a cone or OPR hit my panels. Notice the marks on the second picture below the door, that would be my paint without the wrap. Now I just peel it off and replace and presto, like new again.

That said two things.
1. Hire a pro to do it. There are next to zero convenient breaks in the clam where you can cut without it being obvious. The guy who did mine was not a pro and up close you can tell; however, from 6' back you can't. Got what I paid for.
2. Buy quality wrap. You'll hate your life with the cheap thin stuff, it doesn't last or weather well.

Mine is ~5y old now and needs replaced, so I'll probably be redoing it next fall/winter.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i priced a quality wrap and it was 4-5k i think laser blue is going to be easiest to find
the color is best imo
Ed

1 - 20 of 36 Posts