The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures were posted on the Corvette Forum. Happened last night in Kings Park NY. Hope the driver is OK.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
DAMN!!! I really hope the driver and passengers were alright.

and i really hope it was the caddy drivers fault...i've had some encounters with some caddy drivers.

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
I hope the Lotus occupents are still alive. :eek: :(

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
That does not look good.

Almost looks like a yellow painted sub between and behind the seats. Wing.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If I read it right, the SUV turned left in front of the Elise. Sort of like how James Dean died.

Sad Day

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I think this thread should be pulled...

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
OH MY GOD..............Please keep us all posted. That is Jeff's car.........Robert........Has this been confirmed?????

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
I think this thread should be pulled...
Many of us knew Jeff and perhaps this is a way we can grieve as a community. It was Jeff's car and he was killed...........This is truly a sad day. My heart goes out to his family and girlfriend.............Is there someone out there that can keep us all posted as to the funeral arrangements and if there is anything we can do????

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!! Jeff!!!

I just met Jeff once... He was such a cool guy. His Elise was amazing and he was so eager to learn more about the car with other passionate owners.

He was trying to set up an event for the Lotus guys next week.

I am in shock. I really don't want to believe this....

:( This is terrible...... Exarkun1178 said he was just texting him earlier today.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
:( so sad...
my condolences to Jeff's family.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
If anyone is interested in the mods Jeff did to his car, they are as follows from what I recall:

- custom Kenwood sound system...cost about $10,000... This thing sounded frickin' amazing. I remember Jeff was so eager to have me listen to it and critique it. You would have thought it was a Rolls-Royce system.

- custom upholstered seats and side panels. You can see them in the pics. They were very comfortable and supportive and were injected with gel. The door panels were also custom as you can see.

- custom removable stock battery AND braille battery...I guess for the track? It was awesome.

- gull wing hard top...

- AP Racing CF wing; the same one that Forced Fed sells

And that's all I can remember.

I remember when I first saw him on May 17th. MB SC Elise, E.D. and I were pulled over on a highway exit and all of a sudden a chili red Elise flies up. We didn't know him, but we knew he was headed to the dyno day.

We couldn't help but compliment his car and discuss whether or not we liked his wing. He really loved his car; it was evident.

Anyways, I'll shut up now... This is just very sad for me :(

EDIT: Just realized it's all listed in his sig....

Jeff's Sig said:
'06 Chilli Red Elise w/Painted Black Racing Stripe, Touring and Sport Package, Ohlin Dual Adjustable Coil Over Shocks, Gull Wing Top, Kenwood Flip Up Head Unit, Dual Alpine Amps, JL Stealth Box, Custom Seperate Speaker Installation, V1 Radar Detector w\Remote Volume Control & Mirror Display, Dual Battery, Custom Leather Seats and Leather Interior, Ecliptech Shift-I, B&M Short Shifter, LidBone, Researching SuperChargers, Headers, Performance Exhaust, 5 Element Diffuser & Cold air Intake

1 - 20 of 179 Posts