The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
lol damn, if I were the kid's dad the phone conversation would have been really short, pretty much would say "if you're not already hurt, you will be" rotfl

But he was dumb enough to let his kid drive his car, so unless he can get another one like it's no big thing, then nuts to him :no:

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
As a father, are any of you guys fathers, I would only be conerned about my son. It is only a car and can be replaced. That is what insurance is for. i dont understand how anyone can or would put agreater value on a material possession over a life. I have told my boys that i dont care what happens as long as they are OK. I tell them to call me and we work it out no matter what it is.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
As a father, are any of you guys fathers, I would only be conerned about my son. It is only a car and can be replaced. That is what insurance is for. i dont understand how anyone can or would put agreater value on a material possession over a life. I have told my boys that i dont care what happens as long as they are OK. I tell them to call me and we work it out no matter what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very good advice.

I don't know what the insurance rules are over there, but here in Australia if you are speeding or doing anything illegal when your crash happens - there is no insurance. The police say that the lad was speeding at the time, if that is fact the old by will have no coverage on the Ferrari...

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I'm a father. Of course my first thought would be the safety of my son's life.

But once that priority is established, you can bet I would move on down the list to bitch about the car. Nobody said anything about putting a material possession over a life. But that doesn't mean one must have absolutely no care in the world for one's $400K possession.

xtn

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Still you would like to know you didn't raise a complete [email protected] Daily beatings should ensue!
(disclaimer: I am NOT the father, nor planning on being one any time in the coming decades)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts