The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped the master cylinder in the "off season" for the Tilton from BOE, and have it working well. However....i'm getting the "wrench" icon and my cruise control isn't turning on. I had issues last year with the cruise being finicky (probably need to look at the switch) but I'm getting nothing at all when I hit the switch.

I checked on the potentionmeter (i think thats how its spelled?) on the clutch pedal, it's sitting properly on the pin and rotating as expected.

What else should i be checking? Is there a way to get a code from the wrench? I have an Obd scanner, but its not pulling any codes.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Common issue with master cylinder replacements.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Correct. I also measured from the back pedal stop to that post, so if both of those measurements are close, it should be in the zone to not trigger the wrench.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. I pulled the clevis out and spun the rod a whole bunch of time, measured and i'm at about 5 3/8 and just under 3 to the pedal stop. drove it around the block, shifting a bunch, and turned it off and back on and no wrench :)

I didn't test the actual cruise function, but thats not as important to me as not seeing an "error" lol

Thanks man, you've saved my ass again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts