The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

when we normally switch on the car and crank, all the warning lights will go off straight after.

IN my case now, after cranking the car to a start, the wrench light stays on for about 30secs to a minute before it turns off by itself. All the other warning lights do turn off straight after cranking to a start.

What could this be?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before this, all warning lights would off after cranking. NOw the wrench stays on for at least 30 secs to a minute.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
By chance have your dash lights gone out recently and come back on sometime later?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By chance have your dash lights gone out recently and come back on sometime later?
No it has not. But my 1st gear clutch, when moving off at half clutch, the car will pull for a bit and then suddenly dive in rpm and then jump back up again.

But when I fully release the clutch in 1st gear, it does not happen.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
How so does this happen?
Something electrical goes wrong but doesn't have any ill effect on the emissions system. :shrug:

What exactly has gone wrong will have to be checked either by someone with access to your car who has a scanner and some knowledge or your dealership.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I only mentioned that because I have had dash lights fail 3 times and have seen "the wrench" 3 times afterwards. Made me go HUMMM??? Dealer is aware and will evaluate when I finally get my new SAT unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts