The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new set of the clear plastic headlight covers for my early VIN# 244 2005 Elise. I am hoping that someone has a set that they mightwant to sell. A "perfect" used set would do as well..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm looking for the driver's side also. The price for these parts from Lotus is crazy!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are looking for the set, I'm looking for the driver's side only. Sorry to "piss in your post."

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem, good luck finding the one you need(sorry, I must have been in a bad mood yesterday):wallbang:..
I was thinking about cutting a hole in mine(holesaw) directly in front of my low beams(I have no high beams) and then having the clear covers painted to match the car as a styling change. I like the look of that weird submersible watercraft Elise. I actually called them to try to source a set of headlight covers but was told that no parts were available yet on the car. Can't remember the company name....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
perry, try sending an IM to arcticlighting (spelling?), he had 2 headlights/covers for sale. There was another member, BlueHeaven , also had a set.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perry, try sending an IM to arcticlighting (spelling?), he had 2 headlights/covers for sale. There was another member, BlueHeaven , also had a set.
I think I talked myself into modifying mine for the time being.. Black out from the inside and mask off a spot for the low beam light beam to still penetrate through or cut a hole insert a tube(finish off) and then black out from the outside maybe semi gloss black.. I also want to put the turn signals into the headlight units since I have eliminated my high beams. I never liked the look of the front turn signals lying flat on the hood like they do anyway. Weird ovoid look IMHO:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts