The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

WTB: '05 Elise

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  BrokenR1 
#1 ·
WTB a clean Elise with no major defects. Mileage not an issue. Prefer AR, SY, CO, KG, or similar colors. Not really looking for any options/aftermarket besides Starshield and touring pack.

Not in any hurry to buy. $20k

#2 ·
:popcorn:

#7 · (Edited)
No. We're going to buy one eventually, most likely during the summer. Like I said I'm in no hurry.

I don't think $20k is such an unrealistic price.

This one has more than what we're looking for... if you took away all the options you're right around $20k - asking 23.5 AND it's been on the market for 6 months

Another - asking 23.5

Another that's over-qualified - asking 25.9

Most people don't ask for the minimum they'd take. It's a buyers market with a lot of distressed sellers out there.

Do I think I'm going to get what I'm looking for at $20k some time this summer? Not necessarily. Is it a good place to start? Yes. Will we be able to pick something up ~20k? Yep.

FWIW, this is a car for a business. I own a lotus and have been a member here for some time. Depreciation hurts us all but it's real and it's going to be there even if you pretend it's not. This is where the market is currently.\

Thanks.

#6 ·
I'd like to buy a platinum rolex daytona watch for 200$ and a Ferrari daytona for around 35k, if you can help me with that, I'll get you an elise for 20k

#11 ·
$20K.....rotfl ...it's a really good thing your not in a hurry. rotfl

#15 ·
Looking to buy 2 MINT Elises for 30K .. Let me Know, I am not in a hurry and have cash in hand.

-Joe Rock

#16 ·
I might sell you mine for $15,000 as long and you can find somebody else to sells theirs for the remaining $15,000. It isn't in mint condition, but it is in excellent condition. rotfl

#18 ·
I just bought the pink one in Florida for $19,900 :D With a price like that you must (as I did) expect it to need some serious work. I have seen a few at $25k, which might be a little more realistic for a clean car in this economy. Best of luck, nonetheless!

#19 ·
When I had my car listed for sale last year I went down to $27k to get rid of it. I basically had two types of interested buyers. Those who wanted to know why it was so cheap and were skeptical of it, and those who wanted me to go to $25k or even lower. None of them quite hit 20k for an offer though.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.