The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. :wave:

I have been searching for an Elise for about a month now. I thought I'd create this thread and see if fate can line me up with the right seller!

Looking for:
-2005 or 2006 Elise
-Touring Pack
-Matching Hard Top & Soft Top
-Low Miles (Under 15,000)
-Colors: Ardent Red, Artic Silver, Storm Titanium, Saffron Yellow
-Excellent condition on the exterior paint and interior cabin
-At least 75% life left on the tires and brakes
-No tracking history
-No accident or damage history (dings, dents, scrapes, etc)
-Minimal mods to the car
-Elise must be garaged and seen little to no rain
-All service records and documents, including a recent ECU dump

Points of interest:
A warranty isn't important to me because the closest dealership is 5 hours away.

Starshield isn't important, as long as the paint job is still immaculate.

Private seller is preferred. Dealerships scare me. J/k. Ok, no I'm not.

I'm looking to pay about $30,000. I spoke to my bank, and they are ready to finance it for me as soon as I give them the green light.

I am located in Northwest Arkansas. I haven't determined how I would pick up the car yet. Either fly in and drive it out, or have it shipped. I guess that depends on the timing. Taking a week off work and calling it a vacation to go pick up the car and drive it home sounds enticing!

PM me or call my cell to get things moving faster. Please have lots of recent pictures ready. 479-621-3066. -Andy

:shift:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure those guys sell anything in their inventory for around $30,000. But I'll give them a call anyways. Thanks Alan!

Once we get our toys, we're gonna start a group called the ANS Crew.

No, not the Autonomic Nervous System Crew...

But the Arkansas New Suckers Crew - because we're gonna be in a world of hurt owning a Lotus. Did you hear about that Elise owner that flooded the inside of his car when he drove by a water sprinkler? (with the top on)rotfl

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Hello everyone. Starshield isn't important, as long as the paint job is still immaculate.

Private seller is preferred. Dealerships scare me. J/k. Ok, no I'm not.

I'm looking to pay about $30,000. I spoke to my bank, and they are ready to finance it for me as soon as I give them the green light.
Hello, and good luck.

Looks like you're basically looking for an 'as new' car for rock bottom price. Could happen, good luck.

Re the Starshield.

Unless you stumble onto a true garage queen, you probably won't find a car with immaculate paint unless there was Starshield on the car from the beginning. So, you may want to insist on Starshield. You can always take it off if you want to pit the paint yourself (which can and will happen just cruising down the interstate), or if the SS is in bad shape, drop another few hundred to get new put on.

Lots of folks early on tried to cut $1K out of the price of a new car by foregoing a clear bra. Nearly all lived to regret it fairly quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts