The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTB 06 Exige CO (or possible other colors)

I'm looking for a Chrome Orange 06 Exige with less than 30k miles (preferbly less). Car must have no issues, no stories, no track time, and clean title (This is not absolute, but what I prefer). I need to find one no further away than the Central Time Zone, I must be able see it and drive it back to TN (again preference). Id prefer to have a shop/dealer look at it before I leave out to see it. Money and Insurance is already took care of so should be no issues on my end. Thank you!

I'd possibly consider other colors with exceptions of red.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I'm looking for a Chrome Orange 06 Exige with less than 30k miles (preferbly less). Car must have no issues, no stories, no track time, and clean title. I need to find one no further away than the Central Time Zone, I must be able see it and drive it back to TN. Id prefer to have a shop/dealer look at it before I leave out to see it. Money and Insurance is already took care of so should be no issues on my end. Thank you!
That's a very specific description with a lot of "must" have requirements. Not so bad if you're looking for a Ford Fusion, but a little tougher when its a Lotus... All the same, good luck.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I was too specific? I was just trying to be clear and not waste people's time.

No issues - I don't want to buy a car that needs to be fixed, mechanical or say busted clams etc. I'm ready to enjoy the car now. :D

No stories - basically I don't want a car that was on fire, or wrecked, but still has clean title.

No Track Time - this could depend, but I didn't want a car that's spent most of its time on the track.

Clean Title - I don't really want to deal with salvage or rebuilds.

I've seen many "clean" cars for sale on here even now, I'm just waiting on a 06 orange one. :UK:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Maybe I was too specific? I was just trying to be clear and not waste people's time.

No issues - I don't want to buy a car that needs to be fixed, mechanical or say busted clams etc. I'm ready to enjoy the car now. :D

No stories - basically I don't want a car that was on fire, or wrecked, but still has clean title.

No Track Time - this could depend, but I didn't want a car that's spent most of its time on the track.

Clean Title - I don't really want to deal with salvage or rebuilds.

I've seen many "clean" cars for sale on here even now, I'm just waiting on a 06 orange one. :UK:
That makes more sense. Just by the absolutes of the original post the mathematical odds of that car being for sale nearby are remote at best. As someone who follows this market I can say that the best way to up your odds is to expand your search nationally. Many of us have successfully purchased at great distance through good communication and due diligence with a remote PPI. In fact, this increases your odds of finding a good deal that can in turn compensate for the cost of a quality delivery service.

I don't know how many chrome orange '06 Exiges even exist, but the other factor that will up your odds is some flexibility with the "no track time" requirement. Most of us want to avoid beat-up track cars that are ridden hard and put up wet. That said, most people who own a Lotus rightfully want to open it up from time to time and a few well controlled track sessions with proper maintenance should not effect the value or reliability of a good performance car. For others the Lotus is primarily their track toy and many of these cars will be well sorted, well equipped, and well maintained. Nonetheless, primary track cars should be disclosed as such (roll cages, 5-point harnesses, and fire extinguishers are usually a give-away).

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts

Only 350 06 Exiges were sold in the US. If 20% were CO (possible as it is a popular colour) that is only 70 cars... of which you want to eliminate half as too far away... leaving 35 odd cars to choose from... which are now 7 or 8 years old. It is possible that your ideal car exists... but you are have a very narrow focus :)

·
He's on fire!
3,447 Posts
Considering how many are out there, it probably is a bit specific. The biggest things being not willing to travel to *anywhere*. Will one come up that matches your exact criteria... possibly. Take a look at the FS ads here: a quick search says that 16 total 06 exige have been listed in the last two years, and of those only 2 were chrome orange. There is ONE on autotrader right now for a ridiculous price.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
wow...i didn't realize only 350 2006 exiges were sold... i wonder how many are out there , not destroyed...

·
Registered
831 Posts
There were many colors offered and few cars sold. EVERY specific color will end up with just a few cars for any given year, especially after 2005.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm looking for a Chrome Orange 06 Exige with less than 30k miles (preferbly less). Car must have no issues, no stories, no track time, and clean title. I need to find one no further away than the Central Time Zone, I must be able see it and drive it back to TN. Id prefer to have a shop/dealer look at it before I leave out to see it. Money and Insurance is already took care of so should be no issues on my end. Thank you!
I have you covered except for color and distance. PM'd just in case you are feeling a bit more flexible on those items. In any case good luck with your search!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,673 Posts
Fuelrush,

Are you the guy I spoke to at the EAG Cars & Coffee in Knoxville ?

If so your infected man. It took me roughly 8 months after a year and a half of lurking and dreaming on LT to find mine. I flew to it and drove 12 hours home all on trust, PPI would have revealed a few things, but I got them sorted out myself. I just think your going to have to make some compromises on your project triangle ( Cost, Schedule, Quality )

Regardless I am bound to a time honored LT tradition and thus must nudge you forward...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just an FYI on some numbers... I got curious and I looked through the 2006 Exige registry on this forum.

There have been conflicting numbers on how many were sent to the US. I have heard 350, and I have also heard 271. There are 154 members on this forum's registry (about half). Out of anyone that has ever been on this forum (and most 06 owners list themselves in the registry it seems like), I saw that 20 of those 154 were CO. Out of those 20, only 3 were in the central time zone (most were in California). The odds that one of those 3 are for sale will be quite small... And I don't know what the track, title, and mileage history on those 3 are.
NOTE: I can't guarantee that there are no duplicates on here. And some may be international. But still gives you a good idea on the statistics of this rare car.

My guess is that you'll either have to wait a long time to find exactly what you're looking for (which is possible! wait if you can!), or you'll have to sacrifice on something.

I have a Storm Titanium 06 Exige listed in the marketplace right now and am in Eastern Iowa. No worries if it's not your thing, just trying to be real about those numbers.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for crunching the numbers. I understand the rarity very well. I did the numbers on the car via the for sale forum for 3-4 years back manually not to over look any and to also browse. This is the car I WTB but isn't the car I must have. If that makes since. I've seen awesome examples in those past sale ads that doesn't meet the above listing. Also I've been on the forum a while, even though I don't have many post. I've been looking for months already since last fall, so I can wait. The odds get better everyday in that perspective. If a modded CO Elise pops up, I may go that route. I won't know till I see it. I always check all the FS post no matter what the title says, you never know. The worst thing that can happen is that I accumulate more money for the car.

Motard, I'll pm you later.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Thanks everyone for crunching the numbers. I understand the rarity very well. I did the numbers on the car via the for sale forum for 3-4 years back manually not to over look any and to also browse. This is the car I WTB but isn't the car I must have. If that makes since. I've seen awesome examples in those past sale ads that doesn't meet the above listing. Also I've been on the forum a while, even though I don't have many post. I've been looking for months already since last fall, so I can wait. The odds get better everyday in that perspective. If a modded CO Elise pops up, I may go that route. I won't know till I see it. I always check all the FS post no matter what the title says, you never know. The worst thing that can happen is that I accumulate more money for the car.

Motard, I'll pm you later.
Actually, the worst thing that can happen is time goes by and you never get to own and enjoy that Exige!!!

Seriously, you know that the more criteria you put on an already car, the smaller the universe gets. Expanding the geography is the one criteria that can gain you more options.

Hope you find what you are looking for! For me, there are just a few colors I won't own: Krypton Green being one of them.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
The prices will continue to go up....supply / demand thing...... and if you're looking for a low mileage car, that may be difficult also. Of course....there ARE owners who have exactly what you want, and would sell, even though their cars are not for sale.......you just have to be willing to give them the right price. " Anything is for sale at the right price "

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
MY car for example.....haven't driven it much is the past 3 years..... if someone offered me 34,000 for it, I might be tempted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts