Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

As the title states I am on the hunt for a 2007 Exige S or a 2008 Exige S240. I have been looking for the better part of 6 months and very few cars have popped up that met my criteria and usually sold before I could get to them so I am making this wanted ad in the hopes my luck improves.

Car: 2007 Exige S or 2008 Exige S240
Mileage: less than 30k miles strongly preferred but willing to entertain up to 40k miles for the right car
Colors: Currently only looking for White (Ice or Aspen), Blue (Persian or Magnetic), or Krypton Green.
Options: Touring package a must while track package and LSD are a plus but not mandatory
Location: Continental USA. Located on the east coast but know I may need to travel or ship given the limited quantities of these cars.
History: NO previous accidents (must be clean titled)
Mods: Open to almost anything. I'm happy to look at modified cars as long as there are no major body mods that drilled into the clam.

I know I may have to eventually be flexible on some aspects of this list but currently I'm willing to wait as long as needed to get the right car as I plan on enjoying this for years to come!

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I really hope you find your perfect car. But you can probably count the number of cars that meet your criteria, in the US, on the fingers of both hands. Fewer still when finding ones actually for sale.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Consider 06 with supercharger, really the same car, can be had for less, increases options.
AS you have found out, if you see something you want, you have to jump. When looking at what is it, 1200 cars ever imported, 'x' left, then divide by limited colors, if you see what you want you have to be able to put down a deposit as soon as you see it.

Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think putting up a want to buy request is a smart think to do. However I do think it’s important to list out your asking price the same way you listed out the criteria/ options so prospective seller can be motivated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Consider 06 with supercharger, really the same car, can be had for less, increases options.
AS you have found out, if you see something you want, you have to jump. When looking at what is it, 1200 cars ever imported, 'x' left, then divide by limited colors, if you see what you want you have to be able to put down a deposit as soon as you see it.

Good luck
I had been somewhat on the fence.. but tipping more towards getting one when "two" things happened..

1. A person posted a "WTB- Blue Elise" in the area I live ...and I was planning on selling mine as it had become a spare I would sell eventually. I reached out and the WTB person was interested.

2. I had already seen a few Exiges with "color" listed and had found the LSD I wanted was not a common option. I had really decided I wanted one for 2 reasons.. bigger power enjoys it and high likelihood I would autocross it too..

So, when the one I bought was posted the day after #1 happened and it had #2... I jumped on it.

Sorry about that @eghead .. :cool:;)🤐

Oh yeah, only just recently managed a solo test run.. Boy Howdy!! LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
Doing what you just did got me exactly the same thing as you seek in another color, I also was receptive to prior Modifications as it only saved me money towards Torque 300. I was fortunate in Torque 300 coming to market just as I got all my supporting accessories in place.

Be ready when someone who is on the fence contacts you... Also be prepaired for less flexibility in pricing unless your very fortunate. I was not, but when your being as specific as you are and I was, something has to give... Good luck man!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the advice and best wishes on my search, I unfortunately am well aware of the needle in a haystack scenario I am in but for such a special car I am willing to go the distance and wait for what I really want instead of "settling" just to get it now. I also want to call out that not putting a budget was not an oversight, I specifically didn't as the second I do, people tend to come out of the woodwork offering their beat high mileage cars for the upper limit of your budget (at least thats been my experience with other brands) regardless of their true value. I know I will have to drop between $45k-$55k for what I am looking for based on what I've seen sell on here and around the web.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I had been somewhat on the fence.. but tipping more towards getting one when "two" things happened..

1. A person posted a "WTB- Blue Elise" in the area I live ...and I was planning on selling mine as it had become a spare I would sell eventually. I reached out and the WTB person was interested.

2. I had already seen a few Exiges with "color" listed and had found the LSD I wanted was not a common option. I had really decided I wanted one for 2 reasons.. bigger power enjoys it and high likelihood I would autocross it too..

So, when the one I bought was posted the day after #1 happened and it had #2... I jumped on it.

Sorry about that @eghead .. :cool:;)🤐

Oh yeah, only just recently managed a solo test run.. Boy Howdy!! LOVE IT!!

.......it's you..........😑

In all seriousness I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your new Exige so much! I've been watching the lotus pages on FB with you trailering it home and could not be more jealous. Honestly though, you and I have been seemingly inquiring and bidding on the same cars for a while so I'm glad to see you finally found your "unicorn" and won't continue to compete for the same cars I'm going after lol. Enjoy your new beauty!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doing what you just did got me exactly the same thing as you seek in another color, I also was receptive to prior Modifications as it only saved me money towards Torque 300. I was fortunate in Torque 300 coming to market just as I got all my supporting accessories in place.

Be ready when someone who is on the fence contacts you... Also be prepaired for less flexibility in pricing unless your very fortunate. I was not, but when your being as specific as you are and I was, something has to give... Good luck man!
Thanks @Motard for the advice and showing me there is a glimmer of hope. I know I won't be able to negotiate as hard as my heart always desires but I get it, these cars aren't 4C's or 911's. Luckily I have cash in hand (and the wife's blessing) ready to pounce once something pops up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
@eghead ... have you looked at the other Persian Blue one here closer? I know rebuilt, but may be getting closer to the rebuilt discount?... and only you and your hairdresser (insurance person) will know what the story is... Looks great too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings,
I have a 2008 S240 in ice white metallic, with touring pack. Available in Los Angeles.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If you're being adventurous you can consider mine that I have for sale. 2006 Exige Aspen White with a supercharged A2W cooled Honda K24A2 mated to a transmission that a fully forged gearset and WaveTrac LSD.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody for offering up some truly stunning Exiges! I just pickup up my dream car this past Saturday in Chicago, drove it home, and could not be happier!

2008 Exige S240 in Persian blue with touring pack, track pack, starshield, just under 15k miles, and only minimal drivability and safety mods from an unbelievably awesome seller. Being my first Lotus, I don't think I've stopped smiling since!
E763B809-4B38-4D18-8EAE-3BBEE427C749.jpeg

·
Administrator
2,110 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful car! Closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.