The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been watching the markets on these cars. I would buy right away if someone wanted to price their car correctly. I am watching the 07 Exige with less than 10K miles not getting bid over $40K. Many out there for sale for $49K, but that's not reality.

170375600472, 150369818469 are two item numbers on Ebay that are priced below $42K at DEALERS that are not selling.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
At that price you are going to have to find a very motivated seller.

They do exist from time to time, but you are going to have to be patient.

As a reference, here is an '06 with 1600 miles on it for 36K.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
170375600472, 150369818469 are two item numbers on Ebay that are priced below $42K at DEALERS that are not selling.
Exactly. They are not selling because people who want to buy for less are offering too little.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Those are the people setting the markets!!!!
Obviously not if they aren't selling at that price. :) I don't really think a dealer would have to move on his price when selling a car that is imported at a whopping 300 per MY.

Personally I think the only way you are going to get one under 40k would be if someone was unfortunate enough to loose their job or have some other major life change that forces them to sell so you can capitalize on their tragedy. Which in these times is a likely possibility.

Hell, I wouldn't sell my 06 for less than 55k as it sits now. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Obviously not if they aren't selling at that price. :) I don't really think a dealer would have to move on his price when selling a car that is imported at a whopping 300 per MY.

Personally I think the only way you are going to get one under 40k would be if someone was unfortunate enough to loose their job or have some other major life change that forces them to sell so you can capitalize on their tragedy. Which in these times is a likely possibility.

Hell, I wouldn't sell my 06 for less than 55k as it sits now. :D
With all the work you've done to your car I think you left a one off the front of that price Lord Z. ;-)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nah, I'd probably sell for 55-60k. More performance than a 260 cup and still street legal. :)

I just wish exige s' were selling below 40k when I bought mine. Maybe I'm just jealous. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought. 07 Exige S. LSD, traction control, track package, touring package, Starshield, Lifestyle paint, Reverie CF rear diffuser, CF mirrors, CF front lip, Tillett Racing Carbon Fiber seats. Crystal clear carfax and title. 12K miles. $40K. Gainfully employed seller, remarkably nice gentleman that knows the markets...

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Bought. 07 Exige S. LSD, traction control, track package, touring package, Starshield, Lifestyle paint, Reverie CF rear diffuser, CF mirrors, CF front lip, Tillett Racing Carbon Fiber seats. Crystal clear carfax and title. 12K miles. $40K. Gainfully employed seller, remarkably nice gentleman that knows the markets...
Actually, guess he really didn't. You got lucky.

Have fun!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Actually, guess he really didn't. You got lucky.

Have fun!
I think you got a fair price. I've seen as low as 35k and as high as 45k in recent months. Anyone that says you can't pick up an S at 40 or below hasn't looked hard enough.

That said, you are likely to get a nicer car quicker and with fewer hassles if you aim for 40-45

gm

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

Grats, you make your intro post yet? Lets get some pics!:up:

Welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are two from the truck that I took when it rolled off yesterday. I'm glad to see that there are more than me and the previous owner that know the markets. Seems like more guys out there that think their Lotus was delivered with solid platinum engine blocks. :shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you got a fair price. I've seen as low as 35k and as high as 45k in recent months. Anyone that says you can't pick up an S at 40 or below hasn't looked hard enough.

That said, you are likely to get a nicer car quicker and with fewer hassles if you aim for 40-45

gm
I have been looking and watching for about 15 months. Glad to see you know what's going on out there. Patience pays off. I suppose you can price your car all day long @ $49K, but the ones that want to sell them know the #'s you state...

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have been looking and watching for about 15 months. Glad to see you know what's going on out there. Patience pays off. I suppose you can price your car all day long @ $49K, but the ones that want to sell them know the #'s you state...
I can't place it exactly, but you seem to be... abrasive. There's an aggressive tone that I don't really get. The cars CAN be found at the prices you want in some cases (I picked up my 07 for 42.5 with 76 miles on it), but I'm not sure that NOT finding one easily in that range calls for tone that you seem to be using.

No matter - we're all friends here - welcome and enjoy your Exige! Which I'll give you 35K for if you're interested in selling.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
You got lucky with the platinum block, huh? rotfl
No, actually I got a brand new one with zero miles on it, full factory warranty, a year ago for $45K.

Two or three guys getting a great deal does not a market make. :nanner:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I can't place it exactly, but you seem to be... abrasive. There's an aggressive tone that I don't really get. ....
:clap:
:up:
I have to agree...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts