The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 07 Exige S slightly above your top price range. It is listed in the for sale forum. I have room to move since it is a cash deal (dealing with banks be frustrating). Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
You might have to realize that the prices are inching up.......( supply & demand thing )

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
BrandonVTR,
I realize it is hard to imagine how you will use the car after purchase. That said, if you believe you may track or autocross the car, you will save money (in the long run) by purchasing a car which has had some of the "tracky" stuff already done on it. I got mine for about 25k in November of last year and have since thrown another 15k (or more) in upgrades for it. It would have been cheaper for me to purchase a well prepped one for 35k. Just a thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You might have to realize that the prices are inching up.......( supply & demand thing )
That is fine. I have no problem spending more for the RIGHT car, but I haven't found that yet either. I would like to keep it down as much as possible... but the funds are there to get the right car as well.

BrandonVTR,
I realize it is hard to imagine how you will use the car after purchase. That said, if you believe you may track or autocross the car, you will save money (in the long run) by purchasing a car which has had some of the "tracky" stuff already done on it. I got mine for about 25k in November of last year and have since thrown another 15k (or more) in upgrades for it. It would have been cheaper for me to purchase a well prepped one for 35k. Just a thought.
I manage/sales manager a performance shop on Long Island, NY. I've been in the car scene for quite some time now, with many built cars. Perhaps the Lotus scene is different from others such as the evo/sti/350z etc. but when it comes to modding cars I prefer buying something as close to stock as possible, regardless if I am going to put money into it in the long run because you really don't know the workmanship that was done or the credibility of the seller especially when they are trying to do just that, sell their car. Being in sales for a long time has taught me that as well.

PLUS the best part is spending countless amounts of money and building the car up... then selling it. rotfl

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
WoW, I would have thought the right one would have been found by now. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I don't know which route you went when getting yours addertooth, but any well priced elise is snapped up in less than a week of listing!!! I've attempted to get four which were gone within 2 days of listing!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know which route you went when getting yours addertooth, but any well priced elise is snapped up in less than a week of listing!!! I've attempted to get four which were gone within 2 days of listing!!!
Its the peak season right now.

I was very fortunate to have the right car literally fall into my lap (albeit towards the higher end of the price range for a 2005), but it was well worth it and optioned exactly the way I wanted!

Stay patient, these cars are worth it! :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Took me six serious months..... Found it just down the road...patience grasshopper!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I keep trying to tell myself that. There was a red one in PA with a super charger, hardtop going for $32,000. I should have bought that one. When I decided that I wanted that one, the seller was no longer selling.

I may buy something now to get me through summer and continue my search through fall/winter/spring for the lotus. At that point, the sky would be the limit, but I would really prefer to pick one up now.

It's these really nice days where my daily just isn't cutting it and money burning a hole in my pocket. lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 2005 mag blue with 32,xxx mile I might be interested in sellin but am located in Louisiana

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I purchased mine during the season with minimum price (November of 2011). The best deals are found in late fall and early winter. It was listed, I called the day it was listed, got a cashier's check, then drove 3 hours to inspect and test drive it. Closed the deal immediately after the test drive. Good deals do go fast. There are other eager people who will not hesitate after a test drive. Like the OP, I had cash in hand, no financing hassles, so the process was quick. The only other trick would be to have autotrader and ebay send your phone an alert when an Elise is listed. This will allow you to beat the unwashed masses to the punch. I am actually surprised you haven't triggered a current user of this group to part with their car.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts