The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am in the market looking for a new 2008 Lotus Exige S 240 in Chrome Orange or Apsen White with full options - touring pack, track pack, and LSD. I am willing to pay upto $68k if it is local in the Bay Area, CA. Please PM me if you have one available. Thank you very much for your time.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Fox Valley Motorcars has this one for a hair over $70k. I'm sure they can arrange transportation too.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
This is what the website says:

Equipped with a 1.8 Liter Supercharged/Intercooled 4 Cylinder producing 240 Horsepower, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Touring Package with Leather Interior and Exige-specific floormats, Track Package with adjustable suspension and race harness brace bar, Upgraded Brake with 4 Piston front calipers (Exige Cup Spec), Limited Slip with Traction Control, and MORE!

But I know finding one on the West Coast would be easier...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what the website says:

Equipped with a 1.8 Liter Supercharged/Intercooled 4 Cylinder producing 240 Horsepower, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Touring Package with Leather Interior and Exige-specific floormats, Track Package with adjustable suspension and race harness brace bar, Upgraded Brake with 4 Piston front calipers (Exige Cup Spec), Limited Slip with Traction Control, and MORE!

But I know finding one on the West Coast would be easier...
I think the one you are referring to is a 2007 Storm Titanium. I am looking for a 2008 Chrome Orange or Aspen White 240 model. Very close match. Thanks!! :wave:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
OMG, it is a very close match with my options. :crazyeyesAny idea on how much trouble it is to add the LSD? Thank you and I will be in contact with them tomorrow.
If you don't mind me asking - and not judging here - why do you want the LSD?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
LSD add at the dealer, is usually a tranny swap out, sometimes people want to swap them. then its its just labour.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Jack is absolutely right. In fact, Lotus engineers will tell you flat out that they don't like the LSD because they set the car up right in the first place. It doesn't need it. The only reason to get it, and then its a matter of preference, is if you intend to auto-x. This is why it was offered in the first place. Outside of that, save your money for track fees.

If you do a quick search you will find back up to my statements from Lotus.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts