The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bent one on a curb at track last summer. Had it repaired and it seemed fine, but just mounted new front A048's (last pr I'll ever use) and bad vibe. Checked balance (fine). Wheel isn't quite right so if price is right , I'll replace it. My vin is 2571 so these are the light ones!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump!

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you don't mind, How can you tell if they're the light ones without knowing the vin #? I bought a black pair off of an ET member and didn't think to ask. What vin ranges did the lighter lss rims have?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you don't mind, How can you tell if they're the light ones without knowing the vin #? I bought a black pair off of an ET member and didn't think to ask. What vin ranges did the lighter lss rims have?
If he's referring to anodized vs. painted, with the anodized being lighter (by how much?), I think that 2005 cars after ~VIN 0500 to 0600 is when the change occurred. My car is 0285 and has the anodized version. Don't know about black, as I think most if not all are painted.

Lotus stopped selling cars with the anodized wheels due to warranty issues with the finish. They're a b*tch to keep clean, but look good when they are.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Vin is 2571 so I was told these are the anodized 1's. Blacks were always painted. I think they're ~1lb heavier per wheel. I think?? Scary:panic:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Do you still need a front wheel LSS?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Check ebay. There's 2 front/1 rear on sale. I'm not sure if they're "light" version. Goodluck.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thanks, was looking for a silver rear, but have found one. I have a silver LSS front to sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts