The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very recently purchased my Elise and I have a head light bulb out. I was planning to replace it this week-end but I found that the tool kit is missing the tool required to remove the wheel bolts. And my torx set will not fit...so any one have a spare they don't need? I need to buy one.

Matthew

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
You can get them from your closest dealer. Should be about $10.00 each. get 2, one to keep in the car and one for your tool box - Rob.
+1

buy two or three. they're easy to lose.

torque is 78 lb ft.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 spline tool

I sent an e-mail to FVMC. (place I got the car) They should hook me up. They have been very helpfull thus far.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Then change to BMW ones and and you won't have to use the tool, just a normal 17mm socket.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I sent an e-mail to FVMC. (place I got the car) They should hook me up. They have been very helpfull thus far.

I have one you can borrow until you get yours from FVMC I have the BMW bolts so I dont need mine at the moment.

Chris

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
And my torx set will not fit...
By the way, it's a unique tool. It's not a Torx (they are six point), and it's not "rounded" like a Torx. It is "squared off" like an Allen head, but as noted, it is 10 point. As far as anyone has been able to determine, the only place you can get one is from Lotus (but as noted, they aren't expensive).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts