The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the forum, and located in South Eastern CT. Interested in purchasing a nice, original, well cared for 1987 or 1986 HCPI Esprit; preferably in the greater New England Area, so I could make a day trip by car out of personally inspecting it. No basket cases or total restoration projects this time. Don't particularly want black or yellow paint, but will definitely consider all, and all locations. Thank you in advance. Michael (860)205-5566 [email protected]

·
Registered
842 Posts
We have already corresponded. I think the idea is to find a car closer to New England.

Did I mention that there are lots of good transport companies?:)

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,103 Posts
I know of a decent blue '86 located in NJ. It's the one under the lift.

PM me if interested, I'll put you in contact with the seller..

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I know of a decent blue '86 located in NJ. It's the one under the lift.

PM me if interested, I'll put you in contact with the seller..
Interesting shade of blue. Looks grayish in the pic.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Did I mention that there are lots of good transport companies?:)
+1
For a car with such small production numbers, you might want to widen your search, especially if you want that "perfect" car. Find someone local to do a PPI then have an auto transporter bring it home.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,103 Posts
Interesting shade of blue. Looks grayish in the pic.
Just the lighting in that garage. (Actually, a club meeting in a warehouse)

It's a metallic Baby Blue...I know of two local G cars in that color.

Interior is dark blue.

Hey, it's NOT black or yellow!

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Hello. New to the forum, and located in South Eastern CT. Interested in purchasing a nice, original, well cared for 1987 or 1986 HCPI Esprit; preferably in the greater New England Area, so I could make a day trip by car out of personally inspecting it. No basket cases or total restoration projects this time. Don't particularly want black or yellow paint, but will definitely consider all, and all locations. Thank you in advance. Michael (860)205-5566 [email protected]
Nitpicking because I can't help myself, but in your post title you say you're looking for an S3. The S3's Esprits are not turbo charged, and while G Bodied have most but not all of the body enhancements of the Turbo Esprits, and were never officially imported into the U.S., although a handful have made their way into the country.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
87 lotus turbo

Doesn't fit criteria but just in case...

Have no idea who this person.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
That '87 looks like an '88 to me! Love the price...funny how it says to call as they will not respond to email or text. Too bad there is no phone number...LOL

Roy

·
Cal H
982 Posts
That '87 looks like an '88 to me! Love the price...funny how it says to call as they will not respond to email or text. Too bad there is no phone number...LOL

Roy
It says sleeved ready for your pistons. So they are not really matched up yet. The engine is in pieces. I wonder why the rebuild has been stopped

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,103 Posts
Is that blue Esprit the former Bryan Boyle car?

Roy
You ARE sharp-eyed, Roy!

For those who don't know, Bryan is the list-owner of the TurboEsprit mail list on Yahoo.

He has moved on to Europas...

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Given the low production numbers, a little surprising to see 2 Calypso red 86 Turbo Esprits simultaneously for sale.

Cripes - I really want to buy red 86/87 G car - as a backup car while my 88 is in the shop (4 weeks and counting) ;-) But the boss won't be to happy seeing another red wedge in the garage...

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,103 Posts
Can't say I'm crazy about the wing. :huh:
^^^ I know where you are coming from.

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts