The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2008 LHD car. This car has a GT4 cage which may make a difference. Another possibility is to use an existing one as a pattern to make it.
Any leads or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Call wirewheels.com Hayes has a 211 with a cage but it it is RHD . If he has a tonneau a maybe it can be flipped over or mirrored to make a pattern.
Or if you are near a boatyard they might know of a canvass place that can make one to fit the car.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call wirewheels.com Hayes has a 211 with a cage but it it is RHD . If he has a tonneau a maybe it can be flipped over or mirrored to make a pattern.
Or if you are near a boatyard they might know of a canvass place that can make one to fit the car.
thanks for the input xxxotic , anyone else have ideas?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have just been in contact with a guy in the UK who does body panels for all Lotus models ... he may have what you require.
If I recall Lotus sell them at reasonable price ..
PM me if you want contact details .

I have one on my 2-11 and can highly recommend ...

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CPH - pm'ed you, thanks

XXXOTIC - sent an inquiry to deroure, thank you

Jack - yes, it is I. Pleased to meet you at Spring Mountain and El Jefe. The person I spoke to at Tecnocraft did not think they had an item called by that name, but promised to check and get back to me, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Jack - yes, it is I. Pleased to meet you at Spring Mountain and El Jefe. The person I spoke to at Tecnocraft did not think they had an item called by that name, but promised to check and get back to me, thanks.
That is somewhat funny to hear as the tonneau on my red 2-11 pictured above is one that Tecnocraft made in carbon fibre. They used my orange car's factory tonneau to make the mold. ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is somewhat funny to hear as the tonneau on my red 2-11 pictured above is one that Tecnocraft made in carbon fibre. They used my orange car's factory tonneau to make the mold. ;)
Good, I will call them again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts