The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for a clean Elise for around 23-27K. I am open to any color exterior or interior. This is my dream car and I can't wait to own one. I live in Virginia but I am open to anything in the country if the money works with shipping or travel. Mileage isn't a huge concern but I will be driving it daily on sunny days. I am excited to be on the hunt and I've been looking at the classifieds all day evey day

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Hello,

I am looking for a clean Elise for around 23-27K. I am open to any color exterior or interior. This is my dream car and I can't wait to own one. I live in Virginia but I am open to anything in the country if the money works with shipping or travel. Mileage isn't a huge concern but I will be driving it daily on sunny days. I am excited to be on the hunt and I've been looking at the classifieds all day evey day
At that price I don't think you'll find a clean one. It's a seller's market and has been for the last few years.

San

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Maybe in Alaska. There was an owner trying to sell his in Alaska. But other then that..there are droves of buyers who will pay mid 20's..for the car. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
I think if you're patient and thorough in your search you'll find a decent 05 at the higher end of your range. You've not painted yourself into a corner with one or two color preferences, it needing to be within an hour of where you live, and low mileage, etc.

Your timing is also good in the cold weather states. Prices of all sports cars generally are lower over the winter.

Don't rule out the rebuilt title cars Hayes sells at WireWheel in Florida. He only sells cars that have been totalled because of body damage, no frame damage.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Clean Elise(s) aren't in the mid twenties.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a 2006 Lotus Elise storm Grey 73K miles asking $25K located in el paso texas feel free to text me 9153461905 with any questions and so I can show you pictures.

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed my frame of mind after a lot of research and planning. Looking for a car with a rebuilt title. so I can be closer to low 20s.

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I was in the market sooner. It looks like it would've been fairly easy to find one at this price a few months back.
Still looking for an Elise with a rebuilt title for 20-24K.

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for the input. I'm waiting to hear from Lexus. They haven't returned my email yet. And wirewheel had plenty in the past couple months but the ones coming out in the near future will be more money

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks guys for the input. I'm waiting to hear from Lexus. They haven't returned my email yet. And wirewheel had plenty in the past couple months but the ones coming out in the near future will be more money
Yo I live in Albuquerque, so if you want me to check out anything on the car, I'm down to help!

I'm in the market for an Elise or Exige too so it would be nice to sit in one and see how it feels haha Don't worry, I won't fuk you over :p

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you ken, I really appreciate that. Somebody just posted about it in another thread. It has a salvaged title and sloppy paint job so that is out of the picture.

·
Registered
765 Posts
No worries man, I know how it is scavenging for a Lotus. I want an EXIGE SO BADLY!

I'm down to help, since I 'm running in to a lot of Elises lately.

Check these out, prices seem to be negotiable almost always:

Cars for Sale: 2005 Lotus Elise in Sanford, FL 32773: Convertible Details - 360453280 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2005 Lotus Elise in Elmira, NY 14903: Convertible Details - 352941815 - AutoTrader.com

I'll update you on things I find as I find them. On the flip side, if you see any Lotus Exiges for sale for around $33k (rebuilt title of course, mileage doesn't matter, color isn't too important either) let me know. It's always good to have another set of eyes to help you out.

-Ken

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ken, thank you for all of the links. Contact hayes at wirewheel.com. I have been talking with him to see what he has coming out. He has an exige coming out in the near future with a rebuilt title in the low 30s. That sounds perfect for you

·
Registered
765 Posts
That does sound perfect. I've talked to him already. I'm hoping that pans out. I'll keep you updated with links. Just let me know if you make a purchase so I don't bombard you haha

1 - 20 of 55 Posts