The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All —

I am looking to buy a 2005 or 2006 Elise:

-- must have a clear title (not salvage or rebuilt)
-- must be in good condition (condition is important, but it does not have to be “as new”)
-- must have the touring pack
-- must be green or any of the blues

-- would prefer that it have a hardtop

-- sport pack would be icing on the cake, but is not required

I am in Santa Cruz, CA, but can travel if needed.

Thanks very much!

-- Mike

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
All —

I am looking to buy a 2005 or 2006 Elise:

-- must have a clear title (not salvage or rebuilt)
-- must be in good condition (condition is important, but it does not have to be “as new”)
-- must have the touring pack
-- must be green or any of the blues

-- would prefer that it have a hardtop

-- sport pack would be icing on the cake, but is not required

I am in Santa Cruz, CA, but can travel if needed.

Thanks very much!

-- Mike
And your price range? Your criteria will likely get you in a car in the low $30's.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for asking . . .

My maximum would be in the low $30,000s. I am glad to hear that my price range is probably reasonable.

Thanks!

-- Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
2005 Elise - very low mileage

Mike, We are reducing our collection of Lotus cars and have an early 2005 Elise for sale. The car is pristine with only 7900 miles. We acquired it in Jan 2005. It has all the packages you wanted and hardtop. Car has had all Lotus service campagnes including the oil line refit. Car has new Yoko tires in the rear.
However, it's neither blue nor green...but metallic aubergine...one of the rarest colors produced.
Car is a bit more costly than your range, however, the very low mileage should warrent the cost.

Car is in Tucson, AZ and ready for test drives.

Ben Cohen

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben --

It sound a like a wonderful car, and I appreciate your telling me about it, but unfortunately, the aubergine does not work for me.

Thanks again!

-- Mike

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DrinkMan told me about an awesome Elise that he knew of. After a couple of meal exchanges with the owner, we came to an agreement, and I will have it shortly!

Thanks very much for all of the posts and PMs!

This site is awesome!

- Mike

·
Registered
663 Posts
DrinkMan told me about an awesome Elise that he knew of. After a couple of meal exchanges with the owner, we came to an agreement, and I will have it shortly!

Thanks very much for all of the posts and PMs!

This site is awesome!

- Mike
Congrats! There better be pictures.
:clap:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Derrek --

My wife and I will be picking up the Elise around the 23rd. It will probably take us four days or so to get back home (road trip!), so expect to post pictures shortly after that.

Again, thanks for all of the support!

-- Mike

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i love it when a plan comes together...

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Since you will be in Atlanta area to pick up your car, you might want to network with the local Lotus group in case you want some support group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LotusLtdSE/
Someone should tell them to open that group up to non-facebook users if they truly want to network. </in Atlanta, not a facebook user>

Mike, congrats on finding your car. And you'll be in Atlanta during a beautiful time of the year. :up:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once we have our travel plans firmed-up, we would vey much like to touch-base with folks in Atlanta.

Thanks for the southern hospitality (or is it the hospitality of Lotus owners?).

-- Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts