The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a unmolested(CAI or exhaust ok), greatly maintained Lotus Elise from either 2005 or 2007 1.8L with around 30K miles. I am willing to travel or have it sent via shipment to Milwaukee. I do not want red, yellow, or orange, other colors would be ok. Prefer non-convertible but if it has one thats ok too. All records are a plus, newer tires would be nice, no CEL or any problems with the motor/electrical currently or if you have knowledge of something about to happen please be honest and just tell me no big deal.

Lets make this happen :)

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
CoolRunning39,
I usually observe a stronger response when people say something like:
" I will pay up to XX,XXX for a really clean, low milage example of the car"
*very general guidline* *significant exceptions exist to this example*
15 to 20k usually gets you a beater, or one which has title issues such as a reconstructed or totalled title.
25 to 30k usually gets you something quite nice.
30 to 35k usually gets you something quite cherry.
There are overpriced and underpriced examples in the market, although overpriced is the most common case. Underpriced is usually gone in hours or a few days. Cash is King.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am currently in the market for a unmolested(CAI or exhaust ok), greatly maintained Lotus Elise from either 2005 or 2007 1.8L with around 30K miles. I am willing to travel or have it sent via shipment to Milwaukee. I do not want red, yellow, or orange, other colors would be ok. Prefer non-convertible but if it has one thats ok too. All records are a plus, newer tires would be nice, no CEL or any problems with the motor/electrical currently or if you have knowledge of something about to happen please be honest and just tell me no big deal.

Lets make this happen :)
Before others rip you up, a few things just for your own info.

Firstly, the Elise only comes with the 1.8L 2zz engine. Secondly they are all convertibles, I think what you are looking for is one that already has a hard top so you dont have to buy it extra.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Yep Podunks,
I decided to leave those issues alone, when he reads more, he is certain to figure it out. Perhaps he ran across an article about the old land rover engine models which were not supposed to be imported into the USA. Or perhaps he ran across some K24 swap postings. Either way, I think he is at the starting point of his journey. Me personally, I would love to see a Hartley V8 swap someday. I suspect that would be one very entertaining ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey y'all I'm learning ;) took me years to fully understand a Volkswagen GTI and how to work them, now I'm guru, time to learn a new love now

·
Registered
490 Posts
that looks pretty nice honestly :) I just got the ok from the bank to buy whatever, the shop begins :)
My spidey sense always tingles when I see a Lotus for sale that has the rear lettering removed or altered. Quite often this can entail a clam being repaired/replaced. If you are interested in this car make sure it is inspected thoroughly and get a history report done on the VIN (although these aren't always completely accurate).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts