The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[FOUND] WTB 2006/2007 Lotus Elise clean title dealer only

I'm looking for a 2006/2007 Lotus Elise around $35,000. Already approved. I can only buy from a franchised dealer among some of the terms with the bank i am dealing with (PNC). If anyone knows or is a dealer please contact me on here. Very serious on buying although not in a huge rush. Preferably in Florida but anywhere in the USA is fine.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's a weird requirement to be made... I don't see why they can't approve the loan for a car from a private sale, so long as you get the VIN and all the appropriate information to them.

I partially say that because I have a 2006 Exige that's just a little above your $35k. ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'd suggest checking in with a local credit union. My bank is typically PNC and yea, they didn't want anything to do with the Lotus, especially an 05. However the local credit union had no problems with an 05 private sale. Super low interest rate too!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'd suggest checking in with a local credit union. My bank is typically PNC and yea, they didn't want anything to do with the Lotus, especially an 05. However the local credit union had no problems with an 05 private sale. Super low interest rate too!
+1

I went through my credit union and they gave me a 4.1% interest rate on my 06 Exige. Gave me no grief about it... actually they said they listed the "valued" rate at like $48k ... dunno where that came from, but it makes it look like I'm taking a loan out for less of the overall value and helping the loan term/rate. :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I joined PenFed just to buy a car. 1.99% interest for me

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Most banks don't specialize in car loans. At The local bank where I have several accounts I was quoted more that twice the amount of a local credit union where I was a total stranger. (I called a close friend who is an officer at another bank and her referred me to that CU!)

I just financed a JCW Mini Cooper for my son (who is paying half). With a high credit score and an acceptable loan-to-value ratio I had the CU loan approved in just a few hours.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are giving me 2.94% apr. I've located a car and working the details right now. There's tons of 05's out there but they won't finance anything but a 2006 and up. I didn't say they won't do a private party loan. The rep stated i can only do private party in same state basically.

·
Registered
663 Posts
They are giving me 2.94% apr. I've located a car and working the details right now. There's tons of 05's out there but they won't finance anything but a 2006 and up. I didn't say they won't do a private party loan. The rep stated i can only do private party in same state basically.
That's a good rate, but those regulations are way too binding... especially when you're looking at a Lotus, and especially if you're looking at 06 and up (since the great majority were produced in 05).

I'd recommend getting a loan through someone else and get the car that you really want. Don't be subject to all those limitations :/

·
Registered
375 Posts
+1, Credit Unions are great, + thay will Fin. rebuilt/salvage Titled cars.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's really nice. I gotta think you paid way over the $35k you were talking about.

(DCU will do new/used/refi's for 1.24%, by the way)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts