The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

For some reason, there are very few used Exiges available to buy right now. I see lots of ads. But for the most part, the ads are old and the cars are long gone. This makes it hard to find a quality car to buy much less a clean Exige in a specific color!

If you have a lead on a Graphite Gray 2007-08 Exige S, I'd appreciated it if you pm'd me with the ad or the seller's info.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Good luck.. I have a GG exige and had some really good offers on it without even putting it up for sale . I still have it but now it's a 400whp k20a swapped monster

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heres our autocross machine.... it's awesome. 2007 exige s with 15,5xx miles. Totally stock with extra set of wheels and tires... the extra tires are brand new never ran toyos. The car has a braille lightweight battery with cut off switch, racing harnesses on both seats, sector 111 tow hooks as well as a set of sector 111 pedals that's never been installed. The car has carbon fiber look vinyl on the sides to protect from cone scuffs as well as the starshield on there as well. It has track pak and lux pak though non lsd.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's my phone number if you want to get in contact with me about exige...618-231-2828. Asking 37,500 OBO

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh well. It doesn't look like the car that rskennedy listed will work out for me. He already had a deposit on it within a day.

Anyone else have a lead they wouldn't mind passing along?

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks to all the folks who have contacted me about cars thay are selling. I'm beginning to realize that its not realisitc to sit around and wait for a graphite grey car to come up for sale. I'm willing to hear about cars that are colors other than white, silver, red, and black.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just hold out until a graphite car comes up. I am biased, but think its the best color.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I agree. Ideally, I'll wait till the right deal comes up. But a quick search will show that there have been exactly zero Graphite Grey Exiges offered for sale on this site in the last year. I'm trying to balance the urge to enjoy a car in my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th color choice NOW vs holding out for a year waiting for my #1 color choice to come along.

There are a few other colors I really like. I would also consider cars that are Storm Titanium, Krypton Green, yellow, or any shade of blue. No Red! I already have too many red cars.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i love my GG exige

I would never sell my car, but I've thought about it a few times. Still holding out a little bit longer to see what happens.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Funny how life works. A GG Exige popped up on the for sale page this morning.

Update - the car is actually titanium grey. Oh well. Is it normal around here for folks to not know the color of their car? I've seen it happen 2x in the last few days.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In case it matters, I have cash in hand. Will pay appx $40-48k for the right car. Man, I never thought buying a car could be so difficult! Lol!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found a car! Thanks everyone for your leads and your insight.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
In case it matters, I have cash in hand. Will pay appx $40-48k for the right car. Man, I never thought buying a car could be so difficult! Lol!
Congrats on the car!! Posting that your range is somewhat above market for the average 07 S and realistic for an 08 Exige S no doubt helped!

I had a GG 06 Exige. It looked great. But I preferred the Canyon Red Exige S I bought later.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I think adding my price range helped as well. What also helped was me deciding to open up my search to two or three color/option combos.

GG was my first choice but I ended up with a Storm Titanium Metallic car. It was very gently owned and presented quite nicely. Now I just have to get the thing back to Cali!

I really love the reds as well, especially Canyon Red. My problem is, I already own 2 red cars at the moment. I needed some variety. lol!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
congrats, man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts