The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to find a 2010 or 2011 Elise SC. I had a Elise but it rusted out on me. I miss that car, so trying to find a newer one just like it.

Looking for:

An SC,
With the sport probax seats,
With low miles (less than 20k), and
In gray or silver.

Haven't found one that meets all the above (either has the seats, but not the color, or visa-versa).

Would prefer it be in the middle-Atlantic states, but for the perfect car, anywhere in the US would work.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
I had a Elise but it rusted out on me.
Wondering how a car with an aluminum chassis and plastic body rusted out on you.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Wondering how a car with an aluminum chassis and plastic body rusted out on you.

Good luck with your search.
that got me too......:scratchhead:

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I'm curious why you'd seek out a stock supercharged Elise. Spend a bit more for a Lotus with a better supercharger.

San

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not want to hijack my own thread, but want to quickly respond to comments on my poor choice of the term "rust."

For the last 2 years I had the car, it was parked 75 yards from the ocean 24/7/365, with only two small sand dunes for protection.

Net result: the yellow background in the Lotus medallion on the front hood had been "sand blasted" to silver; the strut where the tow attachment goes totally rusted so when the car was towed, the strut broke apart, taking the front grill with it and damaging the clam shell; the cloth on hard top separated; the ABS light came on but the shop wouldn't even check the connections because the wheel covers were rusted tight; there was some rust on the engine mount/bolts, which are steel.

So, rather than say "rusted" how about saying "in poor condition."

Needless to say, my next Lotus won't be parked in the same location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best of luck,
Took me years to find my '11 SC in Quartz Grey, was told it was the only gray one so hopefully there is a silver or '10 version that you can track down. And in defense of the SC, I love it, I prefer to keep the car as factory original as possible and never had any heating issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received a PM regarding a Elise with rebuilt title. Since I do not have the necessary number of posts to reply (or I haven't figured out how to reply), thought I would post here. My insurance carrier will not fully insure cars with rebuilt titles, so I will need clean titles. I know I am probably weeding out from a very small universe, but . . . . Thanks anyway.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I received a PM regarding a Elise with rebuilt title. Since I do not have the necessary number of posts to reply (or I haven't figured out how to reply), thought I would post here. My insurance carrier will not fully insure cars with rebuilt titles, so I will need clean titles. I know I am probably weeding out from a very small universe, but . . . . Thanks anyway.
You have enough posts now to PM.

San

·
Administrator
1,546 Posts
Congrats and hope to meet you and see your car maybe at one of the Cars and Coffee in VB or ORF! Richard

·
Administrator
1,546 Posts
I found one -- 2011 Elise SC, graphite gray -- doesn't have the sports seats, but I have found a used pair here on LotusTalk. Thanks!!!!
Your car looks familiar do you have a aviation oriented license plate?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve tried looking at Cars, Autotrader but couldn’t find some good listings. Is eBay a good place for it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts