The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a deer and it totaled my elise the clam windshield etc. and now I'm looking for another one. :shift:

If anyone has one in my price range please pm me. I live in southern california, but will travel if it's good.

my current price range is 22-24k

·
Registered
490 Posts
I hit a deer and it totaled my elise the clam windshield etc. and now I'm looking for another one. :shift:

If anyone has one in my price range please pm me. I live in southern california, but will travel if it's good.

my current price range is 22-24k
Good luck with that. I doubt you'll find one that isn't plagued with issues for that price.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Save up another 10k, trust me that price range is too low even for an 05.
I doubt you'll find one that isn't plagued with issues for that price
exactly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i know, i'm just hoping. i only had liability because i didn't think there were too many deer in so cal. so basically i'm out the amount i paid for the lotus and so i have to pay what i can for another one.

and besides i originally bought my lotus off this site for $25k a while ago.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Most sales on here for 05 at 25k are track cars. The rest aim for 29k starters. Now granted they may come down to your range but they dont list for that. With in the next few months price will come down, no question about it. The lowest 05 may go is in your range but its the bottom end of the selections you will see. Buy on the bottom end get the bottom end. Good luck to you, really sorry to here about the loss.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Save up another 10k, trust me that price range is too low even for an 05.
exactly.
Bahah.. Paaaleeeaasse.... Just because a few dealers are posting their cars for
$10k over market value, and them sitting on them for months, does not mean that is the current going rate. Notice how none of the ebay auctions go over $25-26k? The ones that start over that never get a hit..

Do not feed the dealer trolls.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Most sales on here for 05 at 25k are track cars. The rest aim for 29k starters. Now granted they may come down to your range but they dont list for that. With in the next few months price will come down, no question about it. The lowest 05 may go is in your range but its the bottom end of the selections you will see. Buy on the bottom end get the bottom end. Good luck to you, really sorry to here about the loss.
They ALWAYS come down. Even the ones with all of the right mods. Now people with >10k cars jack the price way up, but who wants those anyways?

Like chrome, I told him I would give him $26k when he was at $29k, swore he wouldnt budge... He did. All the way down to $25k...

Sellers just see the dealers inflated prices, and get hopeful.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Let me know where you guys are finding these cars...I need inventory bad and can't find one that makes financial sense. It seems even the owners have finally caught on and are asking ALL the money. Winter doesn't work here in California so owners will still be asking all the money. If I have to go way out of state (and I've done it a few times), I have to be careful but even then, by the time I ship it, get it smog & safety and assuming it doesn't need anything else, it's usually not worth it financially. FWIW, I know of a salvage title car that someone is asking $20K and apparently looks to be only cosmetics that were damage i.e. clamshell, headlights etc..:shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I don't know what all the "never been tracked" mentality is all about. I would much rather get an Elise which has been upgraded in the areas of weakness (oil starve, fuel starve, toe-links) and avoid the expense of "fixing" those problems on my dime. A car which has been "tracked", but is otherwise in good condition, can be a major winner. It has proven it is not one of the "cam lobe wipe" prone engines as well as a series of other maladies which may need expensive work. My Elise was apparently a garage queen from it's previous owners; I have had to address all the upgrades at my expense. If I had the opportunity to re-do my purchase, I would have picked up one which had already had all the basic weaknesses fixed and a supercharger already installed. Live and learn.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Are you guys nuts? 24k is a perfectly appropriate price for an 05 . Especially over the next 6 months.

Plagued with issues? -BS-
Please, show me some instances in recent history where an Elise that didn't require repairs or replacement parts sold for 22-24k on here. I'll happily take my statement back if you can prove this to me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
There is one on here a specifically remember from a while before I bought mine. Was KG elise with 44k miles and I think they were asking 24k for it.
I'm talking recently. It seems like the values of these cars have went up some, or at least most people are asking for more than they have been.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I sold my elise in very good condition, no stories, about 1 year ago for 24k. It had LSS and sport pack.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I sold my elise in very good condition, no stories, about 1 year ago for 24k. It had LSS and sport pack.
I'm talking recently. It seems like the values of these cars have went up some, or at least most people are asking for more than they have been.
I agree. There were good deals to be had last year (that is when I bought mine as well). However, I have been seeing an increase in cost recently.

Again, if somebody can prove to me otherwise then I'll shut up. :p

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
They have been going up. Especially since there are no more here in the states. And the numbers keep dropping as they are slowly but surely getting totaled in accidents.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts